Red Rebulls att Blue Raydurs

STARSNBARS

24 minutes ago, plumb69 said:

Didn't Joel Helton do that some at Knoxville Central? I thought the Bobcats might have gotten a gold ball or two if Zach was able to rest a little.

The one that comes to mind is one of the last times we played Farragut and we had a country mile lead on them and they started scoring on our third team players and GQ had to put the first string back in and the scoring was similar to last nights. The kid that announced the game last night was all excited about how great they were doing not realizing they were playing the Fourth Quarter Mop Up Crew.

38 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

That sure was a great telecast of the game last night and it put our local Thursday Night Rivalry game camera work to shame we see up here in the Knoxville area. My only complaint was Cummings playing starters to the end. What makes me mad about that is it forces us to use ours a lot longer also which puts us in a position of getting one hurt. Well over thirty years ago I remember us losing a player in a game there was no reason to even be in at the time and had that not happened Maryville would have had one more gold football in the trophy case had that player not been hurt.

Agreed Barn.....Eye gess insted ov gettin' beat bye 5 TD's...He felt bettur bye scorrin' a cupple on our JV's two maik hit look bettur....:popcorneater:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The one that comes to mind is one of the last times we played Farragut and we had a country mile lead on them and they started scoring on our third team players and GQ had to put the first string back in and the scoring was similar to last nights. The kid that announced the game last night was all excited about how great they were doing not realizing they were playing the Fourth Quarter Mop Up Crew.

I'm sure he knew. I've listened to those kids plenty of times, and they get excited any time Cleveland does something well. Doesn't matter the score, opponent, or anything. They're just certified homers lol, but they do a great  job and CHS live is  one of the best high school broadcast  in the country.

12 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

What was the deal with all the Blue Raider fans on the visitor's side when there is room on the home side?

Don't get me wrong, they were nice and polite and there weren't any problems, I just thought is seemed odd that there were so many. Maybe they are just traditionalist and didn't get the memo on the new home stands,

The old home side is much easier to get in and out of & stand around up top, since it’s built into the hill. 

• Upvote 1

If I remember right Cleveland High came into existence in 1966 and they changed home sides in 1987. I remember setting on the other side a time or two. Anyways Maryville has been playing on the same field since 1926 and the home side has always been where it is now. There had been talk of rebuilding a new stadium on the opposite side for the home team and letting the existing one go to the visitor side but the last recession might have changed that plus with all the choices people have to do on a Friday Night anymore the place never fills to capacity much anymore and I hope we never have to change sides after being on the same one for 92 years.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:43 PM, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

I'm sure he knew. I've listened to those kids plenty of times, and they get excited any time Cleveland does something well. Doesn't matter the score, opponent, or anything. They're just certified homers lol, but they do a great  job and CHS live is  one of the best high school broadcast  in the country.

Exactly.... I get tickled at them at times, never mad, because I know they are also students at CHS.

But the camera work and production is top notch.