Red Rebulls att Blue Raydurs

STARSNBARS

9 minutes ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

No way, I like Cummings.  I just don't think we have improved much from week 1 til now. We're lacking that extra gear to put bad teams away, we let them hang around way to long. Cummings is good for Cleveland football.

With ZERO improvement from Week 1, where does the fault lie?

On 10/2/2017 at 2:08 PM, DaChampsAgain said:

No team today or in history could have came close to beating that team and most likely the other 2 teams. Them Cleveland and Riverdale teams. No team will ever be like them.

Our team (Maryville '95) would have beaten the Cleveland '95 team were it not for every offensive skill starter (one being a current MHS coach) getting hurt super early in the playoffs. I will say the only team I think could have beat the Cleveland '93 team would be the Maryville '98 team which is probably Maryville's most complete team ever. That O line will never be seen again at 825 Lawrence quite the likes of that group

I'll agree the previous 2 Cleveland teams were historic, but they weren't the same team in '95. They barely squeaked by a tough Smyrna team we trounced in the regular season when we were relatively healthy. The bad part was that we had no depth past the starters that year (especially not like we do now) and it showed the next year when Maryville's '96 team went 5-5.

That said, Benny knew himself and said we were the toughest team in 4A they'd potentially face but unfortunately it never happened. So much so he even "borrowed" our defensive scheme we used to shut down Smyrna the first go around and used it against Haywood in the title game. The only other team in '95 who shut Smyrna down like that was the Eric Locke -Gerald Griffin led Riverdale squad (which we know how great that team was).

7 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Our team (Maryville '95) would have beaten the Cleveland '95 team were it not for every offensive skill starter (one being a current MHS coach) getting hurt super early in the playoffs. I will say the only team I think could have beat the Cleveland '93 team would be the Maryville '98 team which is probably Maryville's most complete team ever. That O line will never be seen again at 825 Lawrence quite the likes of that group

I'll agree the previous 2 Cleveland teams were historic, but they weren't the same team in '95. They barely squeaked by a tough Smyrna team we trounced in the regular season when we were relatively healthy. The bad part was that we had no depth past the starters that year (especially not like we do now) and it showed the next year when Maryville's '96 team went 5-5.

That said, Benny knew himself and said we were the toughest team in 4A they'd potentially face but unfortunately it never happened. So much so he even "borrowed" our defensive scheme we used to shut down Smyrna the first go around and used it against Haywood in the title game. The only other team in '95 who shut Smyrna down like that was the Eric Locke -Gerald Griffin led Riverdale squad (which we know how great that team was).

Ok so in 1993 we beat Maryville 70-28. In 1994 we won 42-3. It’s hard for me to believe y’all would go from not scoring a touchdown the year before to beating us in 1995. I’ll admit that 95 wasn’t our most talented team but we were still very deep. Something that y’all werent. In 1995 we beat beat Smyrna 26-22 and it was a close game but we fumbled 5 times in the red zone so it shouldn’t have been that close, but still won the ship 14-3 against Haywood. In 1996 we should have won it all again going 11-1 and beating Smyrna 41-14 but half of our team got thrown in jail up in Anderson county. 1996 y’all went 5-5. It’s hard for me to think y’all would have beaten us. Also in 1995 y’all had some very close victories to some mediocre teams. And y’all didnt trounce Smyrna,  y’all beat them 25-13 in the regular season before they put y’all out in the playoffs shutting y’all out 18-0

Edited by fooseball95

8 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

I like ya. You're a good poster and a wrestling fan (or coach). Reason why I won't argue with you lol, but I'm just gonna have to say you're wrong. 

I know all you Maryville fans thinks you all had some really great teams. Which no denying, y'all did and still do. There's just no way any of them Maryville teams would ever beat them 90 Cleveland teams or Riverdale teams. Cleveland was a small Appalachian St school that just dominated and beat everyone like a drum. Really haven't seen any team to compare to Cleveland yet. Maryville was good back then, just not Cleveland good.

1 hour ago, DaChampsAgain said:

I like ya. You're a good poster and a wrestling fan (or coach). Reason why I won't argue with you lol, but I'm just gonna have to say you're wrong. 

I know all you Maryville fans thinks you all had some really great teams. Which no denying, y'all did and still do. There's just no way any of them Maryville teams would ever beat them 90 Cleveland teams or Riverdale teams. Cleveland was a small Appalachian St school that just dominated and beat everyone like a drum. Really haven't seen any team to compare to Cleveland yet. Maryville was good back then, just not Cleveland good.

All of us fans don’t think we would have beaten those teams. 

Edited by rebelwoman87

My one cent: (not worth two)

1. All 3 of the teams mentioned were better than anything I've seen in a couple of decades. (CHS, Maryville, Riverdale) Truly amazing talent and coached very well.

2. No one I know has given up on Cummings. The only frustration from Raider land is the 1-5 in county record the past 3 years. He is building the program from the ground up. (not going to say "brick by brick") Youth football, etc.

3. I don't believe the Raiders are ready for Maryville this year, but I do believe they will fight. Just too much fire power from Maryville.

Play hard, keep it clean and stay healthy for the playoff run.

I agree BCBearsDen - sometimes you have to break it down before you build it back up.

I'm not going to speculate on IFL games, but here are the all time results:

2012 W Maryville 41 Cleveland 17
2008 W Maryville 35 Cleveland 12
2002 W Maryville 40 Cleveland 14
2001 W Maryville 52 Cleveland 14
1999 W Maryville 39 Cleveland 27
1994 L Maryville 6 Cleveland 42
1993 L Maryville 28 Cleveland 70
1982 L Maryville 6 Cleveland 26
1976 W Maryville 17 Cleveland 14
1970 W Maryville 42 Cleveland 14

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

I agree BCBearsDen - sometimes you have to break it down before you build it back up.

I'm not going to speculate on IFL games, but here are the all time results:

2012 W Maryville 41 Cleveland 17
2008 W Maryville 35 Cleveland 12
2002 W Maryville 40 Cleveland 14
2001 W Maryville 52 Cleveland 14
1999 W Maryville 39 Cleveland 27
1994 L Maryville 6 Cleveland 42
1993 L Maryville 28 Cleveland 70
1982 L Maryville 6 Cleveland 26
1976 W Maryville 17 Cleveland 14
1970 W Maryville 42 Cleveland 14

Maryville is one of I believe 3 teams in the state that we have a losing record against 

33 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Maryville is one of I believe 3 teams in the state that we have a losing record against 

Cookeville 9 4-5-0
Etowah 1 0-1-0
Farragut 1

0-1-0

Jefferson County 1 0-1-0
Knox. Catholic 2 0-2-0
Knox. West 6 1-5-0
Lawrence County 1 0-1-0
Lincoln County 2 0-2-0
Maryville 10 3-7-0
Morristown West 4 1-3-0
Oakland 1 0-1-0