OAK RIDGE vs CLINTON...ORHS Senior Night

OAK RIDGE WILDCATS ( 5 - 2, 3 - 0 ) vs The Dragon Wagon ( 2 - 5, 0 - 3 )

This is THE GAME for many old time Oak Ridgers. Before there was a Farragut, this rivalry got the blood pumping and brought out a little of the nasty inside both cities. Co-workers toiled side by side waiting to see which team would come out on top .Friendly wagers were made. Bomb fires were held. Yes, even some vandalism has occurred. The rivalry got so heated the teams were not allowed to play one another for a while. On Friday, October 13th, it is ON.

The Dragons come into the contest limping with very little fire in their breath. The Orange and Black have scored seven points in their last four games. They started the season with wins over Scott and Seymour but haven't tasted victory since. A win over the Wildcats is just what they need to make this year a success. The Dragon Wagon will roll into Blankenship guns a blazing.

Here kitty kitty will be the chant of the night but Roar Wildcats Roar will be the answer from the Cardinal and Gray. Oak Ridge has had a week off to get healthy, wealthy and wise. The offense is starting to roll and the defense has become rather stingy with the points allowed. The special teams are just that, special.

This should be a hard fought physical game between two teams familiar with each other with friends on both sides not wanting to lose and have to hear about it for the next 12 months. Roll Wildcats Roll and stay healthy to both teams.

For those who can't wait to start hating the Dragons, you can see their game against Fulton at bbbtv12.com and their games against Central and Powell at diamondclearmedia.com.

I am only kidding about hating Clinton. I hope Clinton fans feel comfortable enough to post on this tread. It would be really boring without the Clinton fans.

Welcome Dragons, order a Big Ed's Special and a pitcher of beer and sit awhile.

• Like 1

This will always be my favorite game of the year! I don't care if OR is 7-0 and Clinton is 0-7. If I could circle one team on the schedule to beat, it would definitely be OR!! 

I'm sure Clinton will come in fired up and ready to play, but I dont think we have enough fire power to hang with the Wildcats this year. Our defense has been playing good at times but giving up some big pass plays.

I'm gonna say OR 38 Clinton 10

3 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

This will always be my favorite game of the year! I don't care if OR is 7-0 and Clinton is 0-7. If I could circle one team on the schedule to beat, it would definitely be OR!! 

I'm sure Clinton will come in fired up and ready to play, but I dont think we have enough fire power to hang with the Wildcats this year. Our defense has been playing good at times but giving up some big pass plays.

I'm gonna say OR 38 Clinton 10

I saw the score but what were the specifics in the Fulton game last night? Did Clinton have much success on either side of the ball? Give us a scouting report on the Dragons...top players, strengths, weaknesses, kicking game, etc.  We must all assume that the coaches already know what you'll tell us, so it's not like you would be giving away "company secrets"!

11 hours ago, catswild said:

I saw the score but what were the specifics in the Fulton game last night? Did Clinton have much success on either side of the ball? Give us a scouting report on the Dragons...top players, strengths, weaknesses, kicking game, etc.  We must all assume that the coaches already know what you'll tell us, so it's not like you would be giving away "company secrets"!

Clinton has only scored 5 touchdowns all season long, but our defense is better than usual. Well except for our pass defense. AC and Fulton tore us up with the passing game. Our run defense is pretty good most of the time.

As far as playmakers...#4 #8 #33 carry most of the load. Our qb isn't a threat like Thackerson used to be. #5 is the starter most of the time at qb, but #10 has been getting alot of playing time in the last 4 weeks.

When OR's line was struggling earlier in the year, I thought this might be a good game. I'm not so sure now. Especially since we have trouble scoring. 

I'll be there cheering on my Dragons though. Last year's game was the first one I had missed in the last 25 years or so.  Hopefully this coaching staff will turn things around and make this rivalry competitive again. 

See you guys Friday night!