Covington @ South Gibson

CHARGERFAN

How are the visitor's stands at South Gibson? Covington will bring a nice crowd, and we find a big variation in the visitor seating. Some places, like Milan, provide nice bleachers for visitors. Lausanne in Memphis, however, had almost more seating on the visiting team's bench than in the visiting stands. 

I recall that the old Dyer County visitor's side was tiny, and had tree limbs that hung down to block your view if you sat in the wrong spot. Of course, they built a really nice new stadium there a number of years ago, so I'm talking ancient history here. Still, visitors never know what to expect,

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

How are the visitor's stands at South Gibson? Covington will bring a nice crowd, and we find a big variation in the visitor seating. Some places, like Milan, provide nice bleachers for visitors. Lausanne in Memphis, however, had almost more seating on the visiting team's bench than in the visiting stands. 

I recall that the old Dyer County visitor's side was tiny, and had tree limbs that hung down to block your view if you sat in the wrong spot. Of course, they built a really nice new stadium there a number of years ago, so I'm talking ancient history here. Still, visitors never know what to expect,

Good Question.  I need to know if I need to be there a hour early for a good seat.  

1 minute ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

Good Question.  I need to know if I need to be there a hour early for a good seat.  

I haven't been there for a couple years, but they aren't exactly the biggest. Usually for big games the school brings in additional seating, but I would suggest that visiting fans be prepared for small bleachers. 

1 hour ago, NotNoahHouck said:

I haven't been there for a couple years, but they aren't exactly the biggest. Usually for big games the school brings in additional seating, but I would suggest that visiting fans be prepared for small bleachers. 

Maybe you guys could call the Milan mayor and ask to borrow bleachers??  Lol!!

better questions is do you still have the port o potties???

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Maybe you guys could call the Milan mayor and ask to borrow bleachers??  Lol!!

better questions is do you still have the port o potties???

BPM!!!!! you just had to do that didn't you.......... Shame on you man!!!!! Your a Milan guy......    Yea. We have plenty of seats. No the porto potties are gone. heck even the visitors have there own concessions stand now!!! Things are looking up in Medina!!!!  I remember that article in the paper from your former mayor about our place..... I really took offense to that considering that Milan well....   Good luck to your dawgs this Friday!

8 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Visitor side is not the biggest in the region but we have yet to host a game this year that it was completely full... I know that Covington travels really well so you guys might be the first!!!!

I wish our team was going to be playing full strength. We have 1 of our best defenders out because of the ejection in the McNairy game and now we a couple of our other really good defenders out with the stomach bug! The kids I am talking about are in the top 5 in tackles.......... Hopefully Covington got the same stomach bug!!!!

5 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

BPM!!!!! you just had to do that didn't you.......... Shame on you man!!!!! Your a Milan guy......    Yea. We have plenty of seats. No the porto potties are gone. heck even the visitors have there own concessions stand now!!! Things are looking up in Medina!!!!  I remember that article in the paper from your former mayor about our place..... I really took offense to that considering that Milan well....   Good luck to your dawgs this Friday!

I'll be honest with you. I thought the mayor was a complete jerk when all that happened. Didn't particularly like him. New mayor is a class act. 

No doubt Yalls facilities have improved greatly. Just stirring the pot a bit. By the way...  enjoyed you and Bass and Dan on the radio the other night for the middle school game. Great job. 

9 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I'll be honest with you. I thought the mayor was a complete jerk when all that happened. Didn't particularly like him. New mayor is a class act. 

No doubt Yalls facilities have improved greatly. Just stirring the pot a bit. By the way...  enjoyed you and Bass and Dan on the radio the other night for the middle school game. Great job. 

Thanks BPM. That Barhum kid that is in the 8th grade is going to be a player for you guys in the future! This is going to sound crazy but he made 75% of the tackles.... Also your current freshman class has a couple of really good players in it as well.

Its going to be really interesting to see how Milan does when morris calls it quits.

Edited by ManOfMillions