McCallie at Baylor (Chattanooga's Rivalry)

Spartan4Life

Let's get it started! McCallie comes into the game 5-3 against the Baylor Red Raiders 3-4. Baylor is playing much better defensively with the return of starting linebacker/running back Noah Martin. McCallie comes in with the more impressive wins and having beat Ensworth while Baylor fell to the Tigers. In DIIAAA anything can happen. How do you guys see this huge rivalry game turning out? 

53 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

Let's get it started! McCallie comes into the game 5-3 against the Baylor Red Raiders 3-4. Baylor is playing much better defensively with the return of starting linebacker/running back Noah Martin. McCallie comes in with the more impressive wins and having beat Ensworth while Baylor fell to the Tigers. In DIIAAA anything can happen. How do you guys see this huge rivalry game turning out? 

If the same refs officiate the games as did last nights game with Ba it will be fun to watch who they are pulling for.

That was perhaps the worst officiated game ( not that it mattered) I have ever seen and one of the most biased against a visiting team I have ever seen.

They tried everything to keep McCallie in that game - even the person keeping the clock was trying.

An embarsssment to the game. I always know I am watching a good officiating crew when I rarely notice them - last night was an absolute joke of a display of professionalism 

From what I saw in both teams - Baylor has a better d and McCallie has a better O

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

43 minutes ago, baylorbigdog1976 said:

If the same refs officiate the games as did last nights game with Ba it will be fun to watch who they are pulling for.

That was perhaps the worst officiated game ( not that it mattered) I have ever seen and one of the most biased against a visiting team I have ever seen.

They tried everything to keep McCallie in that game - even the person keeping the clock was trying.

An embarsssment to the game. I always know I am watching a good officiating crew when I rarely notice them - last night was an absolute joke of a display of professionalism 

From what I saw in both teams - Baylor has a better d and McCallie has a better O

I've noticed this year there have been some really bad officiated games. More so than in past years. Very interesting. 

I've has seen them both play this year as well. I agree Baylors D is good when all the starters are in and McCallies O is hard to stop.

2 hours ago, baylorbigdog1976 said:

Hmm...I was at the game and did not notice any favoritism shown to McCallie.

Baylor has to be favored in this year's game simply because it is at Baylor.

4 minutes ago, oldwiseone said:

Baylor favored? Got a good laugh out of that one.

Mccallie mercy ruled them last year.

IMO, the only way McCallie loses is if they get out coached ... like what happened 2 years ago on Baylor's field.

1 hour ago, OLDad said:

Baylor favored? Got a good laugh out of that one.

Mccallie mercy ruled them last year.

IMO, the only way McCallie loses is if they get out coached ... like what happened 2 years ago on Baylor's field.

Mercy rule in the is rivalry don't mean anything. Baylor pretty much mercy ruled McCallie is 2015. That means nothing. Home Field advantage means a lot more. This is one of those games that truly either team could win. Baylor is a lot better than people think because for the first time all year they are fully healthy at the key positions. 

Ask BA. The defense was finally fully healthy and gave the best team in the state trouble offensively. Baylor has got to find a way to move the ball and score on offense to win. I see a low scoring game. Something along the lines of 17-14. 

10 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

Mercy rule in the is rivalry don't mean anything. Baylor pretty much mercy ruled McCallie is 2015. That means nothing. Home Field advantage means a lot more. This is one of those games that truly either team could win. Baylor is a lot better than people think because for the first time all year they are fully healthy at the key positions. 

Ask BA. The defense was finally fully healthy and gave the best team in the state trouble offensively. Baylor has got to find a way to move the ball and score on offense to win. I see a low scoring game. Something along the lines of 17-14. 

I made reference to the 2015 game.

McCallie chose to use Robert Riddle (as a Junior) at QB over JaVaughn Craig (a senior) until late in the game. They finally put Craig in at QB and he moves them right down the field for a TD ... but it was too late by then. Riddle was a good QB, but he couldn't move the offense that night.

Fast forward a year and JaVaughn Craig starts as a true freshman at QB for Austin Peay. How are you good enough to start as a true freshman at a D1 college, but NOT good enough as a high school senior? I've never understood that move.

However, I agree that the game this year could go either way, but I certainly see McCallie as the favorite. The McCallie QB is a difference maker. I heard that the McCallie running back was hurt - not sure if he played against BA or not. That certainly would have a big impact too.

17 minutes ago, OLDad said:

I made reference to the 2015 game.

McCallie chose to use Robert Riddle (as a Junior) at QB over JaVaughn Craig (a senior) until late in the game. They finally put Craig in at QB and he moves them right down the field for a TD ... but it was too late by then. Riddle was a good QB, but he couldn't move the offense that night.

Fast forward a year and JaVaughn Craig starts as a true freshman at QB for Austin Peay. How are you good enough to start as a true freshman at a D1 college, but NOT good enough as a high school senior? I've never understood that move.

However, I agree that the game this year could go either way, but I certainly see McCallie as the favorite. The McCallie QB is a difference maker. I heard that the McCallie running back was hurt - not sure if he played against BA or not. That certainly would have a big impact too.

I agree that they probably should have started Craig in that game. In fact Baylor prepared for Craig and almost was pleasantly surprised to not see him until late. Baylor dominated that game. I'm not willing to say McCallie would have won that game but I am willing to say it would have been closer. 

I think McCallie is the favorite as well but mostly because Baylor has not had its full team until last week. This Baylor team kills early Baylor s team. So this game I think will be close. 

this one can b picked now.......its blue tornado by whatever......thers a reason Baylor has won a gold ball in everything butt football.....and it dont matter what excuses the red raiders pre-deturmine the refs will do

they can swim over at Suck Creek tho

thats a Booger Pickin 7e4096e3d9ee22895a059d7791969d45.gif

On 10/7/2017 at 1:31 PM, oldwiseone said:

From ba’s twitter- see below —you and I saw a different game . Worst  called game I have ever seen unless you are a McCallie fan. This penalty was very late in the game hands to the face against McCallie.

Pathetic to come to Chattanooga and have this blatant bias against other teams. 

I go to all the games and have for 7 years now and I will stand by what I said - worst called game in my 25 years of watching high school football.

refs did everything they could to keep McCallie in this game.  The best refed game I have seen this year was ba versus catholic 

this was by far the worst by far - nothing even close 

there I beat a dead horse but rightfully so 

McCallie gets called for their first penalty of the night and the Brentwood Academy fans give the refs a standing ovation. #teamBA

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

29 minutes ago, baylorbigdog1976 said:

From ba’s twitter- see below —you and I saw a different game . Worst  called game I have ever seen unless you are a McCallie fan. This penalty was very late in the game hands to the face against McCallie.

Pathetic to come to Chattanooga and have this blatant bias against other teams. 

I go to all the games and have for 7 years now and I will stand by what I said - worst called game in my 25 years of watching high school football.

refs did everything they could to keep McCallie in this game.  The best refed game I have seen this year was ba versus catholic 

this was by far the worst by far - nothing even close 

there I beat a dead horse but rightfully so 

McCallie gets called for their first penalty of the night and the Brentwood Academy fans give the refs a standing ovation. #teamBA

You may want to prepare yourself for poorly officiated games in all sports.  There are multiple problems with the officials:

1.  Old, 50+ pounds overweight and out of shape

2.  Young people that played the game at the college level have zero desire in becoming an official

3.  Many officials today use officiating as a full time profession.  Example; they do youth football on Saturday, JV on Monday, Freshmen & 8th grade on Thursday.  They do the same with basketball and then roll into Spring baseball and Summer League baseball or softball.  These individuals are not best but made the decision that it's an easy way to make a living.

4.  In several states you find that the officials are professional men that played the game in college or are educators (principals, assistant principals or teachers) that would rather officiate than coach.  

5.  Tennessee has made it a habit to promote officials based on the number of years one has officiated over how good they may really be.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:35 PM, Booger said:

this one can b picked now.......its blue tornado by whatever......thers a reason Baylor has won a gold ball in everything butt football.....and it dont matter what excuses the red raiders pre-deturmine the refs will do

they can swim over at Suck Creek tho

thats a Booger Pickin 7e4096e3d9ee22895a059d7791969d45.gif

What is the reason Baylor has won in everything but football? I would love to hear your thought process on this. Considering in 20 years  Nashville area schools have   won 16 titles and Mus in Memphis 3 with the only title east of Nashville being the one McCallie won 16 years ago it would probably have to do with the fact that Chattanooga is a considerably smaller population base and its hard to compete with the schools that have a much larger population of athletes. Kind of common sense if you really think about it. That being said I think Baylor has faired pretty well against their rival despite having half the number of boys enrolled and not having a special curriculum path  for "athletes". Haven't Baylor  won 8 out of the last 10 years or something like that? That being said I think Mccallie has the slight edge this year.

Im really not sure what your comment " they can swim over at Suck creek though" is supposed to insinuate? Why would they travel miles down the road to swim in Suck Creek when they own miles of Tennessee Riverfront acreage not to mention multiple swimming pools one of which is widely considered one of the best in the country? That would be like saying you guys can drive over to Chickamauga creek and swim.