Union City travels to Adamsville Region 7 2A Showdown

BigSwo

Well it sounds like the fan bases from both sides,  myself included,  are hoping to be playing "not to lose" instead of playing to win.  Worried about turnovers and penalties and hoping the other team makes enough mistakes to give them a win. I say the team that comes out of the gate exploding and taking some chances will win.  Don't wait till late in the game to step it up.  Be the first to strike.  I know my Tornadoes have battled back from being down a couple of scores twice already and we can play from behind, but I think this game is a little different.  The Cards have plenty of depth so wearing them down may prove to be a little more difficult than in the past.  I think we will have to be the ones to get ahead and then grind the clock. Just saying

1 hour ago, BigSwo said:

Well it sounds like the fan bases from both sides,  myself included,  are hoping to be playing "not to lose" instead of playing to win.  Worried about turnovers and penalties and hoping the other team makes enough mistakes to give them a win. I say the team that comes out of the gate exploding and taking some chances will win.  Don't wait till late in the game to step it up.  Be the first to strike.  I know my Tornadoes have battled back from being down a couple of scores twice already and we can play from behind, but I think this game is a little different.  The Cards have plenty of depth so wearing them down may prove to be a little more difficult than in the past.  I think we will have to be the ones to get ahead and then grind the clock. Just saying

Swo,I have a different opinion on this game!It's not really a battle of teams that are good"this year"UC yep beasts but  at 4/3 with loses to teams thats average rank is 175 in state and 4 wins that's average rank is 245 no one is gonna convince someone that does their homework the "played up in schedule"thing flies for A VILLE.This is not a battle of evenly matched teams on paper,this is more dangerous for The Tornados than that ,they face a proud program that has done nothing impressive this year and has the talent if they put it ttogether and Purple and Gold play sub par to leave the field of battle having stole a W!Please Card diehards don't blow a cog it's just what the records,scoreboard ,common opponent and sos says on cold hard paper!!!!!I am sure gonna be there wearing my black and gold blowing my extremely annoying purple horn for the Golden Torandoes!!!!!

Edited by peabodypride

3 hours ago, peabodypride said:

Swo,I have a different opinion on this game!It's not really a battle of teams that are good"this year"UC yep beasts but  at 4/3 with loses to teams thats average rank is 175 in state and 4 wins that's average rank is 245 no one is gonna convince someone that does their homework the "played up in schedule"thing flies for A VILLE.This is not a battle of evenly matched teams on paper,this is more dangerous for The Tornados than that ,they face a proud program that has done nothing impressive this year and has the talent if they put it ttogether and Purple and Gold play sub par to leave the field of battle having stole a W!Please Card diehards don't blow a cog it's just what the records,scoreboard ,common opponent and sos says on cold hard paper!!!!!I am sure gonna be there wearing my black and gold blowing my extremely annoying purple horn for the Golden Torandoes!!!!!

Yeah we're terrible,  lucky to have 4 wins! But we will go ahead and show up just in case we get lucky again ! Ppride you sure ride the Golden coattails every since they beat your Tide? Just being real ! 

12 minutes ago, Redrage1990 said:

Yeah we're terrible,  lucky to have 4 wins! But we will go ahead and show up just in case we get lucky again ! Ppride you sure ride the Golden coattails every since they beat your Tide? Just being real ! 

Well Rage I am from UC originally!Kiddos went there for awhile now both at PHS, always for years cheered on both!Not just "since"they beat The Tide!I am sorry about  ruffling your feathers,pun intended!!!but I notice You didn't dispute my numbers,and I am fairly sure I said you can win if certain things align!!!!! But any who,I do hope for a injury free game!Can't wait for this on!!!!ITS A GOLDEN THING YOU COULDNT UNDERSTAND!!!!

15 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

Well Rage I am from UC originally!Kiddos went there for awhile now both at PHS, always for years cheered on both!Not just "since"they beat The Tide!I am sorry about  ruffling your feathers,pun intended!!!but I notice You didn't dispute my numbers,and I am fairly sure I said you can win if certain things align!!!!! But any who,I do hope for a injury free game!Can't wait for this on!!!!ITS A GOLDEN THING YOU COULDNT UNDERSTAND!!!!

As I said we are terrible! Slow, small!! 

4 hours ago, peabodypride said:

PPride,  you seem like a sharp person so I believe that your numbers are correct.  But lucky for us, games aren't won on paper, Otherwise there would be no reason for us to show up Friday night.  I stand with Redrage and all the other Cardinal fans and will take our win or our loss on the gridiron! I really do hope that Union City is underestimating us! So go ahead and put the word out about how terrible we are!So go ahead and put the word out about how terrible we are!

5 minutes ago, Wildcard1 said:

PPride,  you seem like a sharp person so I believe that your numbers are correct.  But lucky for us, games aren't won on paper, Otherwise there would be no reason for us to show up Friday night.  I stand with Redrage and all the other Cardinal fans and will take our win or our loss on the gridiron! I really do hope that Union City is underestimating us! So go ahead and put the word out about how terrible we are!So go ahead and put the word out about how terrible we are!

Not terrible at all,above average still,Cards would destroy most 2A teams!!!!!!If that seemed to be implied,I apologize!!!!

8 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

Not terrible at all,above average still,Cards would destroy most 2A teams!!!!!!If that seemed to be implied,I apologize!!!!

You hit a nerve when you said " Its not really a battle of teams that are good ".  I'm really not that thin-skinned and the Coach-T boards are for banter so, we're good!

1 hour ago, peabodypride said:

Thanks buddy!!!!I think all the Aville posters are a class act!!!

The thing about this year's team is at the beginning of the year we didn't have that GUY that was the field general like we have the last 8 years! A big strong athletic line and a bunch of new young skill guys that were looking for someone to be that GUY that said follow me and let's get it!! Over the past four weeks I have seen these young men go from being individual players to being a TEAM! They are playing hard, tough and more importantly, for the guy next to them!! Leaders are emerging and the thing about it now is they know the pressure isn't on them! They are playing to win as a team now and will give their all tomorrow night knowing that they can!! Go Cards!! 

• Like 1