Union City travels to Adamsville Region 7 2A Showdown

BigSwo

1 hour ago, peabodypride said:

On paper the Cards are a great matchup for The Golden Tornados as Many other that fall to the wayside with a L, UC gets behind"slow starters" undoubtedly!!!They ,as BigSwo says day in day out they play for the fourth quarter!!!!While all programs throw up 4 fingers at they end of 3 ,Its more like Christmas morning for them U.C boys when the clock winds down from the third!! I gotta say penalties will dictate this game!Clean mistake free ball wins this one! Hoping for a injury free game,I'm gonna be in Selmer Friday so no Golden Tide ball for me, but the Tornados and Cards will do,I'll be the only black and gold wearing idiot in a sea of Purple and Gold!!!

Like CardFan said "we like the forth quarter" too! And now your just trying to make me feel like the Grinch! Lol!

Hate I am gonna miss this one. From what little I know from hearsay I am expecting a good ballgame. Unfortunately I am on call and since I don't expect my freshman to see any action in this one, didn't  try to switch it this time. I will definitely make the trip next time we go there though. As I said before the TCA game, when we were moved to 2 A I heard TCA and Adamsville were gonna be some tough new opponents for us. Haven't heard anything that would make me think otherwise yet, so am expecting a tough one. But I love good high school football, so that is what I want. As has been said, I don't think we have had a game yet that we have played to our potential for the whole game. Dumb penalties, putting the ball on the ground at times, slow starts, etc. However, that seems to be improving week to week so hopefully, this week we will finally put it all together from beginning to end.

1 minute ago, Wildcard1 said:

So how big of a crowd does UC travel with? Understanding it's a two hour drive!

I honestly would imagine the largest crowd of the season in adamsville. I haven't been to a UC game yet but considering they are a top team and in their first year of a new level I'm  sure they're traveling...plus you have us guys that wanna see a good game and get a preview of 2 top tier teams. 

We travel okay I guess.  I wouldn't say that we bring the town but we usually fill the opposing team's bleachers and have a few fence walkers.  I would say that it depends on the team we are playing and the importance of the game.  Nobody wants to go watch a blowout so if it's gonna be a hard fought game the better we will travel. 

9 minutes ago, rednecktiger31 said:

I honestly would imagine the largest crowd of the season in adamsville. I haven't been to a UC game yet but considering they are a top team and in their first year of a new level I'm  sure they're traveling...plus you have us guys that wanna see a good game and get a preview of 2 top tier teams. 

Redneck that's why I say me and you make this one!! It's going to be a slug fest!! Well worth the drive and well worth you missing work....lol

18 minutes ago, BigSwo said:

We travel okay I guess.  I wouldn't say that we bring the town but we usually fill the opposing team's bleachers and have a few fence walkers.  I would say that it depends on the team we are playing and the importance of the game.  Nobody wants to go watch a blowout so if it's gonna be a hard fought game the better we will travel. 

Thanks Tiger31 & BigSwo! It WILL be a hard fought game and I'm looking forward to a big game atmosphere! I don't think there's going to be a big blowout either way. It's going to be a good measuring stick for both teams.

4 minutes ago, Wildcard1 said:

Thanks Tiger31 & BigSwo! It WILL be a hard fought game and I'm looking forward to a big game atmosphere! I don't think there's going to be a big blowout either way. It's going to be a good measuring stick for both teams.

It should be game of the week. No disrespect to UC but I will be rooting for the cards in this one. A'ville by 4. 34-30