William Blount @ Mcminn County

Governm

20 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

Barney,

I expected to see WB make a push when they finally put the freshman qb back in, but it didnt matter because all they do is run and we could not stop them. The freshman has been playing well and should have started and played the whole game. It doesnt take rocket science to figure out that a QB who hasnt played or practiced in over a month would be rusty.  Our coaches put the team in a no-win situation by deciding not to practice a whole week and putting a qb out there who wasnt ready to play.

Your right. Some of the earlier mistakes like the offside, the over snapped punt and going for it on forth down and not making it just right after McMinn had taken the ball from the same area of the field and drove it down WB's throat for a touchdown two or three minutes before. Those kind of mistakes are from taking time off for sure. 

I'm not gonna sugarcoat it. That was one of the worst halves of football I have ever had to watch considering the quality of the opponent that was dominating us.  The worst part is there were no bright spots that I could see. I can handle a rough year... I have endured them for the past decade, but every man has his limit. When will it end? I dont see the light at the end of the tunnel. We are not improving as a football program... We are regressing. We still cant even tackle! 

I have had it. If there arent serious changes this offseason I am done with WB football. If serious changes arent made nights like tonight will be a weekly affair year after year.

Edited by TheGuvna

1 hour ago, TheGuvna said:

Barney,

I expected to see WB make a push when they finally put the freshman qb back in, but it didnt matter because all they do is run and we could not stop them. The freshman has been playing well and should have started and played the whole game. It doesnt take rocket science to figure out that a QB who hasnt played or practiced in over a month would be rusty.  Our coaches put the team in a no-win situation by deciding not to practice a whole week and putting a qb out there who wasnt ready to play.

We just flat out suck idc what Wb supporters say I'm not gonna sugar coat it no player development in 3 years no coaching Wat so ever losing is too acceptable at Wb and we deserve better I stopped going after Cleveland game 

1 hour ago, TheGuvna said:

The second half was so slow with all of the penalties I made it back to Maryville before the game ended and I had left right before the second half started. I was listening to the radio broadcast on the way home and Cupp said "This game tonight has set the game of football back a few years" and that made me laugh.

What did he mean by that??

24 minutes ago, Gforce said:

1. One deminsinal in run game 

2. Need different offense formations

3. Only a few seniors starting

4. Need boys in the weight room

5. Need more than a few players to take this game of football more serious. 

1. Need to practice and not take vacations.

2. Need to stop benching players when they finally had the offense rolling.

3. Need coaches who can teach tackling and get our broken D sorted out.

4. Need coaches who can inspire and teach the o-line to block.

5. I agree with your #5.

• Upvote 1

The thing about tonight is we lost one of the excuses people have been using to explain this nightmare of a season away. I have been hearing all year about how young we are. Well, Mcminn is younger and less experienced than us (they start a lot of freshman and sophomore players) and they embarrassed us tonight.  Young my arse....  You can win with young teams if your coaches are competent and can develop players.