Region 7-2a playoff picture

cardfan

2 hours ago, Archiewho said:

One more scenario.  Trenton can make the playoff with a win over either TCA or Adamsville and if McKenzie loses to UC and Gibson County.  McKenzie would finish with 4 region losses and Trenton would have 3 and get the fourth spot.  Highly unlikely but theoretically possible

I think your first scenario is incorrect.  In the event of the three way tie......you would go head to head then overall record which eliminates Aville then total points.  At this point TCA has more total points and they would finish first.  That certainly could change with 2 games left. Reitz is who gave me this scenario so blame him! Haha

13 hours ago, TCAIntense said:

Peabody will not beat both ole timer Region 7 foes!  I don’t think they will win either game but for sure not both!  2A Ball is more of a grind than 1A.  You have better teams in the middle and at the bottom.  Top teams are pretty close in both 1A and 2A.

You are correct. 2A is a grind but especially region 7. We have 2 teams that were on the verge of not making the play offs that beat the top 2 in the region. Now one of the top teams is on the verge of not even making the playoffs. All the talk of UC and Peabody top dogs in 2A all year was really kind of throwing shade on all of the 2A. Plus the talk of 2A is week compared to 1A is ridiculous. You have to consider in 1A in this area you play greenfield, Gleason, west carrol. No offense to those teams but that is not an Adamsville,McKenzie,tca,Waverly,riverside,Lewis county week in and week out. It is a grind 

Edited by BigEdMo

On 10/14/2017 at 10:10 AM, cardfan said:

After last night this thing is clear as mud.  Only sure thing now is that Peabody must beat bith Adamsville and TCA to even make the playoffs.  I have put together 6 scenarios together to try and help clear it up so stay with me here.  Its lengthy.

If Tca beats peabody and Adamsville and union city win out and tca beats lake county in their last game. It finishes like this due to tie breakers.

1. UC

2. TCA

3. Adamsville

4. McKenzie

Peabody is out

If peabody beats tca and loses to Adamsville and union city wins out:

1. Adamsville

2. Union city

3. Tca

4. McKenzie 

If peabody beats tca and adamsville and union city wins out

1. Union city

2. Peabody

3. Tca

4. Adamsville 

If tca beats peabody and adamsville wins out and McKenzie wins out

1. Tca

2. Adamsville 

3. McKenzie 

4. Union city

If peabody beats tca, adamsville wins out and McKenzie wins out:

1. Adamsville 

2. Union city

3. Tca

4. McKenzie 

If peabody beats tca and adamsville wins out and uc wins out

1. Adamsville

2. Uc

3. Tca

4. McKenzie 

If tca beats peabody and peabody beats Adamsville, and union city wins out:

1. Uc

2. Tca

3. Adamsville 

4. McKenzie 

If tca beats peabody and peabody beats Adamsville and McKenzie wins out:

1. Tca

2. Adamsville 

3. McKenzie 

4. Union City

Shewwe!!!!!

Peabodypride you have one scenario to make it to the playoffs. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. It's either 2nd or out. welcome to 2A. Well let me correct myself. It could happen the way things are going. 

Edited by BigEdMo

7 hours ago, TCAIntense said:

I think your first scenario is incorrect.  In the event of the three way tie......you would go head to head then overall record which eliminates Aville then total points.  At this point TCA has more total points and they would finish first.  That certainly could change with 2 games left. Reitz is who gave me this scenario so blame him! Haha

If you are talking about my first scenario there would be 3 way tie.  You look first at head to head everyone beats someone else, so still tied.  Then goes to overall wins.  That eliminates Adamsville from the tie.  Once that happens you then go back to a 2 way tie and UC holds first tie breaker over UC due to beating you guys.  It would start the tie breakers back over with 2 teams.  Hence you get what i posted.  Its ok tell Reitz he cant always be right.  Lol

1 hour ago, cardfan said:

If you are talking about my first scenario there would be 3 way tie.  You look first at head to head everyone beats someone else, so still tied.  Then goes to overall wins.  That eliminates Adamsville from the tie.  Once that happens you then go back to a 2 way tie and UC holds first tie breaker over UC due to beating you guys.  It would start the tie breakers back over with 2 teams.  Hence you get what i posted.  Its ok tell Reitz he cant always be right.  Lol

You are correct.  I just looked it up.  Good job on the scenarios.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TitleTown21 said:

So basically us Tornadoes need to win out and pull for TCA to win out, and that will give us the region championship right ? So there is no scenario at all that will require a coin toss ?

No it will get decided before a coin toss.

But you need peabody or halls to beat adamsville to win the region championship.

Edited by cardfan

10 minutes ago, cardfan said:

No it will get decided before a coin toss.

But you need peabody or halls to beat adamsville to win the region championship.

not according to  your first scenario you posted ? you said tie breaker would go to us with less overall losses in the season if all 3 of us finish with a 1 loss region record ? I do not know....I am asking ?

4 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Tie breaker would go with head to head which you wouldnt win

3 way tie breaker is what I am asking about  the head to head cancels out then right ? since TCA has a win over Adamsville and only 1 loss, Adamsville has win over us and only 1 loss, and we have win over TCA with only one loss.  if this is the finish who gets the 1 seed ?