Region 7-2a playoff picture

cardfan

35 minutes ago, TitleTown21 said:

3 way tie breaker is what I am asking about  the head to head cancels out then right ? since TCA has a win over Adamsville and only 1 loss, Adamsville has win over us and only 1 loss, and we have win over TCA with only one loss.  if this is the finish who gets the 1 seed 

Bud Idk about that my guess would be overall record. But not 100% sure. I will leave this one for the vets on here.

3 hours ago, TitleTown21 said:

not according to  your first scenario you posted ? you said tie breaker would go to us with less overall losses in the season if all 3 of us finish with a 1 loss region record ? I do not know....I am asking ?

Sorry i misunderstood your question.  In first scenario you have tca, union city, and adamsville all tied with 1 loss.  So head to head is a wash.  Then it goes to overall record which eliminates  Adamsville.  Then you start back over at head to head and you guys have tie breaker over tca due to beating them.  So it would be union, tca, aville. If that happens.

Let's be real honest, seeding don't matter in the end. The best team wins out. If I'm (Aville) and I'm a fan, I'm playing my best ball now and I don't really care if I'm #1 or #4. Sure #1 might!! (Not last year) get you a first round but no guarantee. Why not play the toughest team from other region, try to knock them off then have it a little easier the rest of way. I know Aville lost to TCA and there would be no guarantees but if Aville plays mistake free or almost mistake free ball they are gonna be an extremely hard out on west side of 2a. No disrespect to any other 2a west tn team, but last year Aville was hurt and wasn't peaking this year so far healthy, deep, and peeking could make for interesting November.

On 10/14/2017 at 10:10 AM, cardfan said:

Updated after tonights games.

If peabody beats tca and loses to Adamsville and union city wins out:

1. Adamsville

2. Union city

3. Tca

4. McKenzie 

If peabody beats tca and adamsville and union city wins out

1. Union city

2. Peabody

3. Tca

4. Adamsville

So it comes down to next weeks game adamsville travels to peabody.

On 10/14/2017 at 10:10 AM, cardfan said:

This region has pretty much defied all logic all year.  You could put the 5 contenders in a box right now and pick the winner each week.  It's ridiculous to think that if McKenzie would have pulled it out against UC last night that Trenton would play Adamsville next week and the scenario would be if they win they're  regional champs (based off of tie breakers) and if they lose they're out of the playoffs.  Even so, this is the most competitive region I've seen in high school football around here based on the importance of regular season results.  

On 10/21/2017 at 2:57 PM, 9oldschool5 said:

It's a shame for anyone of these top 5 teams to miss postseason. 

Yeah and what is really a shame is there is a chance that a 7-3 Peabody team will miss the playoffs while these teams in 2A will make it in: 

In region 3 the winner of Bledsoe Co. (3-6) vs Tellico Plains (2-7) will be in the playoffs.

In region 8 the winner of MAHS (2-7) vs Manassas (2-6) will be in the playoffs.

and in region, 1 Hampton (3-6) and South Greene (3-6) have both locked up playoff spots.