Cookeville hosts Oakland for huge region 3 game

Maze7

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Cookeville is gonna be a tough out in the playoffs. Wouldn't be surprised if they face Oakland again

1 hour ago, steelcityroller said:

That whole region is gonna be a tough out in the playoffs. Its probably not gonna be pretty for region 4 in the 1st round.

I’m I seeing a clean sweep being predicted? 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, SEVEN said:

I’m I seeing a clean sweep being predicted? 

I'm not gonna say that without knowing who is going up against Mt. Juliet.

Hendersonville is also playing much better football than they were earlier in the season. So depending on the opponent that could be a good game.

I expect Lebanon and Rossview to lose regardless of the matchup.

38 minutes ago, LawandOrder said:

Wow, you sure are going out on a limb.....NOT!   Stevie Wonder can see this happening.  

1.) Anything can and usually does happens in the playoffs. One of Rankin's better teams at Riverdale (1999) didn't even make it out of the first round, losing to a 5-4 Dickson Co. team

2.) Seeding for Region 3 is completely up in the air. Cookeville could finish 8-2 and have to play on the road at Mt. Juliet in the 1st round, far from certain. 

3.) I guess if the obvious (in your eyes) happens, then I'm sure heckuva better predicting the results of games than you are

7 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

1.) Anything can and usually does happens in the playoffs. One of Rankin's better teams at Riverdale (1999) didn't even make it out of the first round, losing to a 5-4 Dickson Co. team

2.) Seeding for Region 3 is completely up in the air. Cookeville could finish 8-2 and have to play on the road at Mt. Juliet in the 1st round, far from certain. 

3.) I guess if the obvious (in your eyes) happens, then I'm sure heckuva better predicting the results of games than you are

I remember that 99 game.  It is the one that Rankin threw a couple of starters (actually 4) off the bus to find their own way home for not playing up to HIS expectations.  Typical Coach Rankin!

A Oakland supporter that was at the game gave them a ride back to the Boro.  2Priceless is a class act when it came to the kids!  His son was a friend of a couple so they took a ride from him. 

the problem is everybody thinking ahead for playoff seed instead of focusing on thier team next game ahead, especially Cookville . Trust this Every team that has a chance of playing in the playoff base on winning there finally game. will be playing at a different level . So if you are a favorite in your final game, thinking you are going to go in and beat the underdog, think again ,this is the game where sometime the underdog always pull out an upset. No team that can get in the tournament will lay down to the favorite....unless the favorite can prove without a doubt that they can win no matter what. if you can't prove this , then don't count yourself in

Oakland vs Warren Co.  "thier In playoff"

Blackman vs Riverdale   :"Riverdale for sure in" playoff win or lose, Blackman can't afford to lose

Cookville vs Siegel  "Interesting this could be tricky for Cookville, Siegel has been proven to upset 

Cookville more than once including last year shut out of a very good Cookville team

Siegel ,Blackman and Cookville can be a 3 way tie if Blackman an Cookville don't Take careof business

2 hours ago, riots said:

the problem is everybody thinking ahead for playoff seed instead of focusing on thier team next game ahead, especially Cookville . Trust this Every team that has a chance of playing in the playoff base on winning there finally game. will be playing at a different level . So if you are a favorite in your final game, thinking you are going to go in and beat the underdog, think again ,this is the game where sometime the underdog always pull out an upset. No team that can get in the tournament will lay down to the favorite....unless the favorite can prove without a doubt that they can win no matter what. if you can't prove this , then don't count yourself in

Oakland vs Warren Co.  "thier In playoff"

Blackman vs Riverdale   :"Riverdale for sure in" playoff win or lose, Blackman can't afford to lose

Cookville vs Siegel  "Interesting this could be tricky for Cookville, Siegel has been proven to upset 

Cookville more than once including last year shut out of a very good Cookville team

Siegel ,Blackman and Cookville can be a 3 way tie if Blackman an Cookville don't Take careof business

Blackman has to play much better ball this week than they have, and Cookeville cannot sleep on Siegel. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.