Mr. Football Nominees for DII 1A

FridayMainEvent

1 hour ago, CFAfan said:

Hylick did his part last night BTW. 200+ yards. 

Hylick ran for 219 last night against DCA. Hylick did not score but he did run on DCA! The Saints did not play well in the second half. The game was 10-0 at halftime. Hylick is a quality back and has definitely earned it! Three horse race still! 

1 hour ago, TNL said:

Hylick ran for 219 last night against DCA. Hylick did not score but he did run on DCA! The Saints did not play well in the second half. The game was 10-0 at halftime. Hylick is a quality back and has definitely earned it! Three horse race still! 

No way he should be considered. Last night he just didnt get going. The game had DCA not made mistakes in the redzone should have been 21-0. at the half. BTW, 100 of those yards came in the last two drives when it was 30-0 and DCA had most of the ypung guys in. He had a 65 yard run the third to last play of the game with :30 left. 

I disagree completely. 

Edited by Playerscoach

2 hours ago, CFAfan said:

Hylick did his part last night BTW. 200+ yards. 

He had a little over 100 yards with 6:00 left in the 4th Qtr and the score 30-0. Perspective is that other backs had much better games. To be honest I don't know why you'd risk getting him hurt having him run every play with 1:00 minute left and the playoffs next week?

18 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

No way he should be considered. Last night he just didnt get going. The game had DCA not made mistakes in the redzone should have been 21-0. at the half. BTW, 100 of those yards came in the last two drives when it was 30-0 and DCA had most of the ypung guys in. He had a 65 yard run the third to last play of the game with :30 left. 

I disagree completely. 

Yards against the JV dont count. It might as well be practice.

If Playerscoach, said it, I believe it. He is highly regarded and I believe about anything he says on here.

Seriously, no way Hylick is considered. Unmeaningful yards in a big game.

10 minutes ago, carguy59 said:

Yards against the JV dont count. It might as well be practice.

If Playerscoach, said it, I believe it. He is highly regarded and I believe about anything he says on here.

Seriously, no way Hylick is considered. Unmeaningful yards in a big game.

I want to be clear that I think the kid has had a great season and I hope he continues to do it in the playoffs. He deserves praise and recognition.  I am also happy for MJCA and what they've accomplished this year. 

This thread was about who should be in the discussion for nomination. I am not saying the kid didn't have a great season but IMO he's not in those top 5. Maybe my opinion is wrong though? 

Best of luck to all the kids and teams!!!

3 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

I want to be clear that I think the kid has had a great season and I hope he continues to do it in the playoffs. He deserves praise and recognition.  I am also happy for MJCA and what they've accomplished this year. 

This thread was about who should be in the discussion for nomination. I am not saying the kid didn't have a great season but IMO he's not in those top 5. Maybe my opinion is wrong though? 

Best of luck to all the kids and teams!!!

no doubt about that! Everyone we are talking about is a player. Nothing wrong with that.  It's funny how we heard Hylick was pulled early and "that's a fact", yet he is getting yards against the 3rd and 4th strings to pad his stats.  Again, the other backs mentioned balled when the spotlight shined brightest, Hylick did not! 

Late in the DCA game Hylicks yards WAS NOT against the 2nd and 3rds but the 1s. Anyone who was there last night and is honest will tell you that! The 2nd and 3rds did play for both DCA and MJCA but the last MJCA offensive drive it was against DCAs 1s! 

6 minutes ago, TNL said:

Late in the DCA game Hylicks yards WAS NOT against the 2nd and 3rds but the 1s. Anyone who was there last night and is honest will tell you that! The 2nd and 3rds did play for both DCA and MJCA but the last MJCA offensive drive it was against DCAs 1s! 

I was there. How many yards did he get the last two drives when kids were substituted and DCA was playing soft? The long run with :30 left was 65 yards per the announcer. DCA played the ones the last two plays from the five yard line, after MJCA called timeout, and held him to no gain. Did the kid have less than 150 with 6:00 in the 4th left and the score 30-0? Last nights game doesn't, and shouldn't, diminish what he did this year. 

He was held in check all night with the exception of the last two drives. 

BTW since you claim to have been there why would MJCA play their 1st team defense against DCAs third string offense in the last few minutes? That and running Hylick the last two series piling up yards was odd to me?

Next year DCA will have to replace 15 seniors and will only have two seniors. That's the year for you guys to get your first win against them. DCA will be less competitive than just about any team they've fielded the next two years so best of luck. After that the lower grades have great numbers and many good players.

I hope you answer those questions truthfully. Best of luck!

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:05 AM, OrangeEagle said:

Mr. Football normally goes to a JR that was nominated last year, so yes Lawless

Lawless had his time to shine on the big screen against DA and was lackluster imho. I'm sure he will be coached up at the next level, but I didn't see SEC level takeover play in that game (ie Barnett from BA who I saw play on several occasions throughout his career at BA). That goes with giving DA's OL credit as well, but Lawless, while impressive at times, shouldn't be in the Mr. Football conversation. 

Xavier Myers should win this award hands down. His stat line is amazing. He has 2174 rushing yards on the year, which is good for first in the state in rushing yards, and 20th in the entire country. He also averages an amazing 241.6 rushing yards a game. On top of that, he has 30 rushing touchdowns, good for 2nd in the state. Oh did i mention he also missed the first game of the season, and is still leading in rushing yards, rushing yards per game, and 2nd in touchdowns? 

His last game against Tipton-Rosemark was amazing. If you didn't hear, he had 23 rushes for 389 yards and 7 touchdowns.... He should've had 8 touchdowns but fumbled one right before the end zone. Those 7 touchdowns put Xavier tied 8th in TSSAA record books in rushing touchdowns in a game. 

Xavier has talent and that of course is obvious. Defenses know that the run is coming and still can't stop him. I would also give his offensive line a ton of credit. His offensive line is very experienced and that has shown this season. Nashville Christian has been known the last few years to produce running back after running back, and Xavier is another one of those products that will make it to the next level.