5A Region 5 vs Region 6 1st Round Playoffs

WICKEDTUNA

12 hours ago, AllRegion said:

I think that Hillsboro will ultimately win, but this is one matchup that is a bit concerning. The team that gave Hillsboro the most trouble all season was Independence, and the Burros inability to stop the Indy passing attack turned what should have been an even matchup into a boat racing.

When you have a team that is that explosive with the passing game, anything can happen.  This Hillsboro squad is not the same as the past few years.  Still plenty of size and speed with a really good running back.  Shelbyville seems to have found their footing though and have looked stronger down the stretch.  I think they are the wildcard in these matchups.  

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

When you have a team that is that explosive with the passing game, anything can happen.  This Hillsboro squad is not the same as the past few years.  Still plenty of size and speed with a really good running back.  Shelbyville seems to have found their footing though and have looked stronger down the stretch.  I think they are the wildcard in these matchups.  

We can only see now at this point,it’s two weeks away. Still think Summit is the only team from that region to make it out the first.

2 minutes ago, Fballfan1978 said:

We can only see now at this point,it’s two weeks away. Still think Summit is the only team from that region to make it out the first.

Very true.  Hillsboro has the ability to make it very tough on anybody.  Frazier is very underrated as a runningback.  Hillsboro could get to the finals and I would not be surprised.  Gallatin may not get past the first round but I think they sit better in 2nd place than 1st simply because they cannot catch Hillsboro and Beech, just one of them if they were to get that far.  

7 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Very true.  Hillsboro has the ability to make it very tough on anybody.  Frazier is very underrated as a runningback.  Hillsboro could get to the finals and I would not be surprised.  Gallatin may not get past the first round but I think they sit better in 2nd place than 1st simply because they cannot catch Hillsboro and Beech, just one of them if they were to get that far.  

Whoever wins that second round matchup between those two are my favorites to play Knox catholic in the championship 

3 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Local eateries are the ticket but you have to get here early to get a seat and get to the game.  Check out Top Hog for BBQ and catfish, trust me on this one!!  Swaney Swift on the square is a good burger place.  Lots to chose from.  Cherokee Streakhouse if you want a great sit down meal.  Creasant City Poor Boys on the square for cajun fish, you might like that one.  Prince Street Pizza for a really good local pizza.  Otherwise the usual chain restaurants are all over.  Good luck, I hear Columbia has some speed while Page has the size.  

Thanks, sounds like Top Hog for me! How far is it from the stadium?

In order to land the Bluefin Tuna you need a strong line and a smart fisherman working the controls, and from what I have heard Page has both.  

4 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

That Shelbyville/Hillsboro game will be very interesting, as well as Page/Gallatin. Shelbyville can beat anyone in this pod, their offense is that good. Hillsboro will have the athlete advantage on this entire pod, but in the end I believe it will be a Beech/Summit regional final provided Carter is back for the Spartans 

1 hour ago, WICKEDTUNA said:

Thanks, sounds like Top Hog for me! How far is it from the stadium?

In order to land the Bluefin Tuna you need a strong line and a smart fisherman working the controls, and from what I have heard Page has both.  

It is not super close but really not that far either.  Depending on which way you come into town.  386 into Gallatin is your best bet.  Turn opposite of Garrott Brothers Concrete Mix to your left and it is about a mile on the left.  If you go over the train tracks you have gone too far.  It should be on the net where you can find it.  

2 hours ago, HighLife said:

That Shelbyville/Hillsboro game will be very interesting, as well as Page/Gallatin. Shelbyville can beat anyone in this pod, their offense is that good. Hillsboro will have the athlete advantage on this entire pod, but in the end I believe it will be a Beech/Summit regional final provided Carter is back for the Spartans 

How bad is Carter?  He makes that team go.  

Just saw were it appears to be a knee injury.  Article title made it sound like it could be season ending but no where does it state such.  That would be a huge blow to Summit if so.  

What is everyone's take on Summit since us Northern Tennessee folk have not seen much of them.  

So much talk and no one is speaking up for the Lions so here we go...... Super Dynamic at times with major matchup problems... Their line has some really big High School Lineman and they have 5 guys who are either faster than your fastest guy or as just as fast and yes that includes you Hillsboro (who they have already worked with, this summer ).... Gave Shelbyville's qb major problems with their athletic secondary and really quick D-Line believed their qb threw for 600 the game before and less than 150 against Columbia.... I know Gallatin is wanting to play page bc they are worrying about matching up with Columbia's athleticism... So All eyes will be on our game vs. Page, you guys are sleeping on this district ... other than beech this group can beat any of the remaining teams and should be fun games to keep an eye on ... top to bottom our district was way more competitive than yours!! Gallatin is a solid program and caught Hillsboro at tough time .... but didn't beat station camp all that well, and Columbia works with them every year and beats them like a drum! Can't wait to see how all this plays out.

2 hours ago, NattyBumppo said:

So much talk and no one is speaking up for the Lions so here we go...... Super Dynamic at times with major matchup problems... Their line has some really big High School Lineman and they have 5 guys who are either faster than your fastest guy or as just as fast and yes that includes you Hillsboro (who they have already worked with, this summer ).... Gave Shelbyville's qb major problems with their athletic secondary and really quick D-Line believed their qb threw for 600 the game before and less than 150 against Columbia.... I know Gallatin is wanting to play page bc they are worrying about matching up with Columbia's athleticism... So All eyes will be on our game vs. Page, you guys are sleeping on this district ... other than beech this group can beat any of the remaining teams and should be fun games to keep an eye on ... top to bottom our district was way more competitive than yours!! Gallatin is a solid program and caught Hillsboro at tough time .... but didn't beat station camp all that well, and Columbia works with them every year and beats them like a drum! Can't wait to see how all this plays out.

Glad to hear from a Columbia fan finally. Film shows how athletic they are.  I think Gallatin can matchup with anybody in this quad on any given day.  Problems seem to be different ones at different times for the Green Wave.  I agree your region was way more competitive while ours was way more top heavy.  Knew that was the case when these regions came out.  Take that final score with Station Camp how you want.  Lots of things have changed since then and once the reserves hit the field SC scored a few times.  Hillwood scores were not far off either.  Your game with Page definitely holds our interest.  But nah....Columbia or Page either one.  Just glad it is at the WaveYard!!

Edited by GWAVE1

2 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Glad to hear from a Columbia fan finally. Film shows how athletic they are.  I think Gallatin can matchup with anybody in this quad on any given day.  Problems seem to be different ones at different times for the Green Wave.  I agree your region was way more competitive while ours was way more top heavy.  Knew that was the case when these regions came out.  Take that final score with Station Camp how you want.  Lots of things have changed since then and once the reserves hit the field SC scored a few times.  Hillwood scores were not far off either.  Your game with Page definitely holds our interest.  But nah....Columbia or Page either one.  Just glad it is at the WaveYard!!

The "Waveyard"  lol...The "Waveyard"....that is the most stupid name that I have ever heard....lol.

By the way Carter is done for the season. Hate it for him.  He is a really good kid.

The Waveyard....lol....that made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!