5A Region 5 vs Region 6 1st Round Playoffs

WICKEDTUNA

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, WICKEDTUNA said:

Hey GWAVE, a wise old fisherman once said you better be careful about what you hope for!

I know the Patriots are a small 5A school having just moved up from 4A but people tell me that they are well coached and have enough talent to beat you on a given night if you aren't playing your best. WT 

Hey WICKEDTUNA, I fish a little myself and I know sometimes you catch them and sometimes you don't.  It is all if they are in a biting mood or know how to jiggle the bait just right.  

I hear the same about Page.  If you don't play your best you can get beat.  Not really sure if they can beat Columbia for the trip up to Gallatin but the Green Wave will be waiting on whomever it is.  Having never played Page, I always enjoy new opponents.  All the talk on this board is just that....talk.  

16 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

From my opinion Columbia is extremely athletic but not extremely well coached. Page is not very athletic but well coached.  Two polar opposite programs.  One wins with athleticism the other with hard nosed kids.

Based on what I've seen on film, I would say that is a fair assessment.  I expect Page to win this week.  They tend to do the little things correct.

On 10/23/2017 at 10:45 AM, GWAVE1 said:

Hey WICKEDTUNA, I fish a little myself and I know sometimes you catch them and sometimes you don't.  It is all if they are in a biting mood or know how to jiggle the bait just right.  

I hear the same about Page.  If you don't play your best you can get beat.  Not really sure if they can beat Columbia for the trip up to Gallatin but the Green Wave will be waiting on whomever it is.  Having never played Page, I always enjoy new opponents.  All the talk on this board is just that....talk.  

GWAVE1, its always good to talk to other fishermen, telling fishing stories that get bigger each time they are told, talking about the ones that got away, etc. and its always exciting playing new opponents in the playoffs, maybe Page will get the opportunity to come up to Gallatin. Now for the most important question where is the best place to eat? WT

4 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Is it possible that a pass happy Shelbyville can get the upper hand on Hillsboro?  I can see this happening.  

I think that Hillsboro will ultimately win, but this is one matchup that is a bit concerning. The team that gave Hillsboro the most trouble all season was Independence, and the Burros inability to stop the Indy passing attack turned what should have been an even matchup into a boat racing.

Edited by AllRegion

13 hours ago, WICKEDTUNA said:

GWAVE1, its always good to talk to other fishermen, telling fishing stories that get bigger each time they are told, talking about the ones that got away, etc. and its always exciting playing new opponents in the playoffs, maybe Page will get the opportunity to come up to Gallatin. Now for the most important question where is the best place to eat? WT

Local eateries are the ticket but you have to get here early to get a seat and get to the game.  Check out Top Hog for BBQ and catfish, trust me on this one!!  Swaney Swift on the square is a good burger place.  Lots to chose from.  Cherokee Streakhouse if you want a great sit down meal.  Creasant City Poor Boys on the square for cajun fish, you might like that one.  Prince Street Pizza for a really good local pizza.  Otherwise the usual chain restaurants are all over.  Good luck, I hear Columbia has some speed while Page has the size.