Waverly host Forrest Round 1

vandyfan1

On 11/2/2017 at 5:07 PM, Wavo2004 said:

Yea I know its crazy . I've watched there game film they run the wing t . which we have seen alot this year and shut down. I hope Waverly hangs 70 on them . I can't wait till tomm night

Life lesson be careful what you wish for, cause it might just come true, lol.:D

Interesting game. 

- Waverly's offense is fun to watch. There are so many choices per play, that it's basically impossible to defend. I don't think Forrest had a poor plan, or that the kids played badly. The QB simply can make you pay with the handoff, the pass, keeping it...

- Forrest was very tough and put up 36 earned points. The strip sack that made a 1 score game at halftime was a beautiful defensive gem in an ocean of Waverly TDs

- At stated here all week, Forrest is at least a year away. Friday's effort would have been enough to beat Eagleville, Fayetteville, Watertown, and Columbia Academy.  It's arguable that they could have beaten BGA or Lewis also. I say that to say that Forrest is a different team from season's beginning. Next year they will avenge several of this year's losses. They got better every week. Waverly was just too good. 

- Someone mentioned Waverly pulling starters. Forrest starts SEVEN kids who were in MIDDLE SCHOOL 2 years ago. They ARE the backups, but they hung tough, and it WILL pay off. 

- Waverly, if there were a defense who could overwhelm them at the LOS before decision making could commence, would be in trouble. I am not sure there are any teams capable of doing that to them in 2A this year. 

- Forrest's scoring of more against Waverly than they did against BGA, Fayetteville, Eagleville, Columbia Academy, Watertown, and Lewis, means that Waverly DOES have defensive lapses. It's inarguable. 

- Waverly has several very gifted athletes at the skill spots and their line didn't LOOK special but did its job well. They were deceptively effective. 

Good luck the rest of the way 

Edited by GeneralAmerigha

Additional thoughts:

- Waverly to me is no where near the Marion team of 2015, and the 2016 Marion team was better also.  Waverly was too inconsistent on defense. They would have lost to both Marion teams we lost to, and 2015 by quite a few. 

- Waverly was SO impressive in two spots. When they were down 6-0 (they exploded for 28 QUICK points) and second half its 28-20 then you blink and it's 49-20. 

4 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Interesting game. 

- Waverly's offense is fun to watch. There are so many choices per play, that it's basically impossible to defend. I don't think Forrest had a poor plan, or that the kids played badly. The QB simply can make you pay with the handoff, the pass, keeping it...

- Forrest was very tough and put up 36 earned points. The strip sack that made a 1 score game at halftime was a beautiful defensive gem in an ocean of Waverly TDs

- At stated here all week, Forrest is at least a year away. Friday's effort would have been enough to beat Eagleville, Fayetteville, Watertown, and Columbia Academy.  It's arguable that they could have beaten BGA or Lewis also. I say that to say that Forrest is a different team from season's beginning. Next year they will avenge several of this year's losses. They got better every week. Waverly was just too good. 

- Someone mentioned Waverly pulling starters. Forrest starts SEVEN kids who were in MIDDLE SCHOOL 2 years ago. They ARE the backups, but they hung tough, and it WILL pay off. 

- Waverly, if there were a defense who could overwhelm them at the LOS before decision making could commence, would be in trouble. I am not sure there are any teams capable of doing that to them in 2A this year. 

- Forrest's scoring of more against Waverly than they did against BGA, Fayetteville, Eagleville, Columbia Academy, Watertown, and Lewis, means that Waverly DOES have defensive lapses. It's inarguable. 

- Waverly has several very gifted athletes at the skill spots and their line didn't LOOK special but did its job well. They were deceptively effective. 

Good luck the rest of the way 

Respectable comments. From the game you got to see i would agree 100%, that being said you did not see the Tigers at their best at all. I honestly don't know how the score ended the way it did but this definitely was the most frustrating game I've seen this season. Offensive didn't seem to be their calm selves and I haven't seen that many missed tackles on defense in a while.

3 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Additional thoughts:

- Waverly to me is no where near the Marion team of 2015, and the 2016 Marion team was better also.  Waverly was too inconsistent on defense. They would have lost to both Marion teams we lost to, and 2015 by quite a few. 

- Waverly was SO impressive in two spots. When they were down 6-0 (they exploded for 28 QUICK points) and second half its 28-20 then you blink and it's 49-20. 

Come on back next week, I would put money down saying you'll see the real team show up. This week is an old time rivalry. I'm just glad we survived our "off game" even if it was in the playoffs

i can respect that RNT31. I was frustrated at Forrest several times also. I think Forrest played tough and didnt quit- so they deserve credit for Waverly not playing their best game, and Waverly's excellence on some stuff caused Forrest to make mistakes also.  We all would like to say we have played better and there is some merit to that, but there is also merit to "you were what you were that day"   

Good post though 

1 minute ago, rednecktiger31 said:

Come on back next week, I would put money down saying you'll see the real team show up. This week is an old time rivalry. I'm just glad we survived our "off game" even if it was in the playoffs

I hope to never drive there again. There were cyclops in the fields and I saw some zombies eating a live human to death on Hwy 70. 

39 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

I hope to never drive there again. There were cyclops in the fields and I saw some zombies eating a live human to death on Hwy 70. 

I'm sure you will be back next yr. You guys have a very good chance of leading your region if you are as young as you say. Forrest never gave up.

1 hour ago, Wavo2004 said:

So what do u think is Waverly a physical or finesse team . 

Waverly is a very physical team... D- attacks the ball. O - can score on any play...  the play clock will be running the start of the 3 qt  Vers Lewis co.. I'm very proud of our young kids  to hang with a good team like waverly.. if you didn't look at the score board it was a great game to watch.