OOLTEWAH AT DB ROUND 1

26 minutes ago, DaChampsAgain said:

Can't go by other games. Every game changes week to week. Owls was also running on all clynders in that game. Injury free and what not. We did shut them down and out when the game mattered. 

This should be one of the best games across the state next week. Hard to make a prediction in this one. All I can say is, if we do our normal thing and continue as we do each week and give away easy extra 140 plus penalty yards in this game, DB wins by 2 scores. Small chance, but a big if, we can stop that, it's anyone's game. 

I'm sure DB will be smarter than SH was and put double coverage on Tucker and not kick to him. Should be a good one. Can't wait to get up there.

Hey wait a minute, You just said we can't go by other games then you start referencing other games, all in the same post. I don't know what injuries Ooltewah had in last night game. I know their stud, Quinn(sp) played the whole game.  Everybody was saying all week that if he played Ooltewah would win. I think he had about 60 yrds. or something. I guess most teams have injuries at this point.

8 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

That reminds me of a kick returner a few years ago and that's what I said all week before Devrin Young done his thing against DB.I don't know if it's down right pride ,miscommunication between the players and coaches or what.All I know is if one player is capable of beating a whole team on a return,for the 1000th time,don't kick to him.If your running the clock out with seconds to go and an 8 point lead,for gosh sakes don't throw the ball.Speaking of throwing the ball.That one pass on I think the wheel route going towards the Jumbotron was a thing of beauty.It was coming right towards me and Redwine made a perfect pass to I think Hicks.

Redwine was a little off balance when he let that one go. It was all arm. Ii didn't think he had that kind of arm strength. His best throw all year.

First, congratulations to DB for a great win.  Not many people outside of DB fans understand how great an accomplishment it was to win round 1 against a good team, albeit 4th seed.  I knew DB's offense would be hard on the Owls and the defense looked good too.

To the poster who said we should just give Clark a great big kiss and say he is a great coach(or something to that effect) - no.  Great is what Maryville had and may still have.  Three years will tell.

What I saw was this.  DB was the kind of team in the first half that deserves to be in the playoffs and may go deeper than they typically have in the last few years.  Can they beat Maryville?  Probably not but they have a chance.  And if that chance pays off then who knows.

After half time DB came in flat.  They were not the same team that we watched in the 1st half.  They improved as the 2nd half went on and I would say that they 'hung on to win'.  That's all you can say.  They just were not playing well out of the gate, second half. Coaching seemed to have 'tamed the monster' throughout the 2nd half.  And they stalled the game.  Might have been a good coaching move given they shape they were in after the locker room.

This is the same ole problem.  They can not do this with Bradley else they will die.  They have to come  back out as hot as they were when they left the field.  This is my complaint.  Has been a problem for years.  If it is the coaching in the locker room that's the problem,  then that coach needs to stay out on the field and continue making jokes for the media. The lap dogs that they are, they'll love it.   Let a good assistant do the half time bit.

So, they proved they CAN win in playoffs and got a well deserved win.

PA, I know how you feel.  Hope to see the Owls again next year.  Maybe round 2.

And to the people that don't think I/we should be hard on the coaches, don't even bother to comment on the negativity I posted above.  It is the truth and if you don't understand that then you just need to pay more attention before posting stupid comments.

10 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

First, congratulations to DB for a great win.  Not many people outside of DB fans understand how great an accomplishment it was to win round 1 against a good team, albeit 4th seed.  I knew DB's offense would be hard on the Owls and the defense looked good too.

To the poster who said we should just give Clark a great big kiss and say he is a great coach(or something to that effect) - no.  Great is what Maryville had and may still have.  Three years will tell.

What I saw was this.  DB was the kind of team in the first half that deserves to be in the playoffs and may go deeper than they typically have in the last few years.  Can they beat Maryville?  Probably not but they have a chance.  And if that chance pays off then who knows.

After half time DB came in flat.  They were not the same team that we watched in the 1st half.  They improved as the 2nd half went on and I would say that they 'hung on to win'.  That's all you can say.  They just were not playing well out of the gate, second half. Coaching seemed to have 'tamed the monster' throughout the 2nd half.  And they stalled the game.  Might have been a good coaching move given they shape they were in after the locker room.

This is the same ole problem.  They can not do this with Bradley else they will die.  They have to come  back out as hot as they were when they left the field.  This is my complaint.  Has been a problem for years.  If it is the coaching in the locker room that's the problem,  then that coach needs to stay out on the field and continue making jokes for the media. The lap dogs that they are, they'll love it.   Let a good assistant do the half time bit.

And to the people that don't think I/we should be hard on the coaches, don't even bother to comment on the negativity I posted above.  It is the truth and if you don't understand that then you just need to pay more attention before posting stupid comments.

DB has a great chance to win next week. IF they play their game and run the ball they will get the win. Bradley wasn't big or fast. A team similar to Farragut. DB is on a roll with the domination O-Line and running attack. The defense must have played really well to keep the Owls to 7 points. (Very Impressive) 

12 minutes ago, toppernationfan said:

DB has a great chance to win next week. IF they play their game and run the ball they will get the win. Bradley wasn't big or fast. A team similar to Farragut. DB is on a roll with the domination O-Line and running attack. The defense must have played really well to keep the Owls to 7 points. (Very Impressive) 

Yep,the defense came to play for sure.The game started a little shaky as the Owls stuffed DB's first drive and was marching down the field.Then they  opened a can of stupid and DB got big MO afterwards .It's good to see other teams do those kinds of things when DB needs it.Just like another DB parent and I were talking about as I left.Farragut was probably the worst coaching against DB because they had the players to do what worked and were to hail bent on keeping  the " balanced" attack when it wasn't woking for them.

1 hour ago, DBGRAD70 said:

The difference in last nights "first rounder" and all the ones from the past was DB's offensive line and the defense probably playing their best game of the year. Clark ended up with the same ole game plan that he has every year in the "first rounder". Build a lead in the first half and sit on it and try to run out the clock in the second half. The difference is, this year he has a team that can do that. But make no mistake about it, he would of had the same plan anyway. Seen it to many times. 

Don't know what they talked about in the locker room at halftime but DB came out  flat as a flitter, letting Ooltewah score quickly and then having two straight 3 & outs. It was the offensive line that got the momentum back and that also fired the defense up. DB hasn't had very good third quarters this season. Got to be a reason for that. All in all you still have to credit Clark and the rest of the staff for having the team ready to play. I'd give the offensive line coach most of the credit for this season. Those guys didn't just get that good on their own.

18 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

The SH QB recovered it regardless of what you believe. Even unbiased fans on Twitter are saying it looked to them like SH recovered. But, the refs made their ruling (even though it was wrong) and nothing can be done about it now.

Good luck next week to DB. Think you all have this one. BC has a good team but the Indians are better.

My 2  cents worth.... It was rolling free and Jake dived on it, then the dogpile. Now no one really knows what happens in the dogpile, BUT the SH QB was no where near the ball when Jake dived on it. After that I honestly only know what the ref's called. Now I (as a fan) have been on both sides of those calls so.......

Now I am sure the unsportsmanlike was called for something said. The coach coming on the field should have been a second, (seen our coach get them for that in years past). And I will be honest, the foul called on our sideline against SH after that, was not something I would have called based on what I saw. 

Other than that, I saw two very good teams going at it and it was a terrific game. In our two regions I would say that there is Maryville then then about 4 to 5 teams that can beat each other at any time.