White House Football

Devil21

On 10/31/2017 at 10:10 AM, Copacanobra13 said:

We can debate trox and Kevin.  But there's no debating Trent.  He holds every receiving record at White House.  He's top 10 at least.  

The only issue with Trent is there was no one else on those teams. They had to throw him the ball. Players like Cody Harmon or Chad Neal would have had even better numbers in on the same teams.

1 hour ago, Tennessee75 said:

The only issue with Trent is there was no one else on those teams. They had to throw him the ball. Players like Cody Harmon or Chad Neal would have had even better numbers in on the same teams.

Dude you have absolutely no clue about White House football at all. Talk to any coach the past 20 years. Ask Honeycutt or grantham. They will tell you straight from their own mouth. heck chad and chase Neal will laugh if you told them they could’ve had the same numbers as Trent McEwen..... those  are great dudes but they know. Kevin Jackson is by far the best defensive player to ever play for WH. Just because you might love old school football more, doesn’t mean a thing. Kevin rocked people’s world for a living. 21 tackles in one game.... you got to be kidding me. Teams would game plan all week to stop Trent McEwen and he would still have 200 yards receiving. Coach grantham words from his own mouth “Trent McEwen is the most talented athlete to ever come through WH” 

Edited by BigBlue97

1 hour ago, Tennessee75 said:

I agree, Chad especially was on a really good team that included his brother, Matt Parker, the Payne's and probably a few more really good athletes that I'm forgetting (that team should've won state).  And I'm probably biased because me and trent played together, but like you said trent was really our only big play guy which means it should've been harder for him to get the kind of numbers he did since teams could just key on him.  And they did key on him, yet he made big plays anyway.  

On 10/31/2017 at 9:46 AM, LocoLupe said:

Such a subjective topic.. Not sure who you are talking about under center in 99. Hamilton was under center then and his number was 9. Don't ever remember a #2 in that time frame that was very good. I played 98-01. 

I don't believe Trox, Trent or Kevin are even in the top 20 to be honest. They had decent numbers but weren't close as far as the best. Kevin has the most tackles but its because his defense was on the field so much. 

Like I said its subjective.. John Finch, Kevin Harris, Ricky Ladd, Brian Jones, etc.

Kyle levering and Trox better than finch.  I do agree with Kevin Harris being a monster. Me football candidate as a d line Man. But Kevin, Trent, trox all top 10

Lets not forget about Rogers Gaines - considering he did start Division 1 football , and did not give up a sack the whole year in college. Oh and not to mention pretty sure he is the ONLY PLAYER to sniff NFL football making 2/3 practice squads adn participating in Pre Season Games....

Well Finch did have a try-out and chance to make the Bengals practice squad one year, but nothing came of it.....

Kyle levering would have been the best if you know he didn't have to sit behind Gordon Keene for a whole year when he was obviously the better QB

But been many quality players glad to see White House appearing to be back.... We will find out when the 2nd round and Quarterfinals come a creeping !!

BDP !!!

Ok. So Levering was a very good football player. There is no doubt there. He was a freshman when I was a senior. He was nowhere near as good as John Finch. Not even close. He would tell you that himself. I saw both play up front and center. John Finch is by far the best QB to ever play at White House. There isn't a close second. 

I am not going to get in a pissing match but Kevin Jackson wasn't anywhere near the top Defensive player at WH. I personally was better than him so was Chad Rogers, James Harper, and Josh Ahmic. My name is Josh LeLoup by the way. I was ALL State two years. All Mid state 2 years. All Region 3 years. All County 3 years as well. Chad Rogers was All State 2 years. James Harper was all state sr year. Josh Ahmic was All State 2 years. Kevin Jackson ended up with the tackling record because they were on the field so much. My senior year we gave up 9 points per game. You are speaking from current experience and thats fine but if you go ask Coach Honeycutt his opinion he will agree with me. I watched all of these teams after I graduated as well and you just aren't correct.  

Kevin was a very good football player and I am not disputing that fact whatsoever. Thats why I hate these threads bc there is really no way of proving anything. 

2 hours ago, BigBlue97 said:

Dude you have absolutely no clue about White House football at all. Talk to any coach the past 20 years. Ask Honeycutt or grantham. They will tell you straight from their own mouth. heck chad and chase Neal will laugh if you told them they could’ve had the same numbers as Trent McEwen..... those  are great dudes but they know. Kevin Jackson is by far the best defensive player to ever play for WH. Just because you might love old school football more, doesn’t mean a thing. Kevin rocked people’s world for a living. 21 tackles in one game.... you got to be kidding me. Teams would game plan all week to stop Trent McEwen and he would still have 200 yards receiving. Coach grantham words from his own mouth “Trent McEwen is the most talented athlete to ever come through WH” 

No offense but I would like to see where McEwen had 200 yards receiving in any game let alone multiple games. Please don't spew stuff out like this. Very few QBS have passed for over 200 yards at WH little alone WR receiving that many.

As far as receivers go Jordan Bean, Corey Coker, Chris Hale and Matt Parker were all better than McEwen. And yes I know Honeycutt very well which was the receivers coach and he would agree with this statement. 

Why would you even start a post like this?  Old players, their dad, brother, sister, grandma, etc are gonna come and call their name or number because they have a user name and you have no way of knowing....and this IS a very subjective topic.  All in the matter of opinion, and in the cutting short the old phrase..everybody's got one.  

1 hour ago, LocoLupe said:

Ok. So Levering was a very good football player. There is no doubt there. He was a freshman when I was a senior. He was nowhere near as good as John Finch. Not even close. He would tell you that himself. I saw both play up front and center. John Finch is by far the best QB to ever play at White House. There isn't a close second. 

I am not going to get in a pissing match but Kevin Jackson wasn't anywhere near the top Defensive player at WH. I personally was better than him so was Chad Rogers, James Harper, and Josh Ahmic. My name is Josh LeLoup by the way. I was ALL State two years. All Mid state 2 years. All Region 3 years. All County 3 years as well. Chad Rogers was All State 2 years. James Harper was all state sr year. Josh Ahmic was All State 2 years. Kevin Jackson ended up with the tackling record because they were on the field so much. My senior year we gave up 9 points per game. You are speaking from current experience and thats fine but if you go ask Coach Honeycutt his opinion he will agree with me. I watched all of these teams after I graduated as well and you just aren't correct.  

Kevin was a very good football player and I am not disputing that fact whatsoever. Thats why I hate these threads bc there is really no way of proving anything. 

Pond says you were the best player he ever played with, so you're not the only one who thinks you were good.