MCMINN CENTRAL!? ONLY FIELDING 11 NEXT YEAR

bradley99

4 hours ago, BloodCharger said:

Two of Etowah's best are playing at McMinn now. One transferred from Central and the other went after 8th grade year. The trend has been that the good Etowah players tend to go to McMinn to play. "More exposure" they say. However, Central has more kids playing in college than McMinn does at this point. 

I too played on a really good Etowah Piledriver team growing up.  Had a lot of fun.  Had some great coaches who knew the game.  Soccer has taken some kids away from the sport of football, along with kids focusing on one sport.  I can't say to much about that, because I just played basketball in high school.  If I could go back, I'd played all three that were offered at the time.  At a school the size of Central, more of the other sport athletes need to play to see success.  Not that the boys playing don't give their all, it just is a numbers and more athletic team thing.  I have talked to many over the years that say the same thing as me, wish I'd played football.  

On 8/9/2018 at 1:28 PM, BloodCharger said:

"Tellico totally dominated."

They won by a touchdown in 3 quarters of a game with no special teams and a lucky bounce/break. Central's last drive was cut short at the end of the 3rd Q to make way for the JV 4th period. Tellico did not "totally dominate" this scrimmage.  

Buffoonery!

I'm just tickled to see "buffoonery" in a coachT post. Good luck Chargers!