MCMINN CENTRAL!? ONLY FIELDING 11 NEXT YEAR

bradley99

2 hours ago, hohmaster said:

I was at that scrimmage and felt like Tellico totally dominated.  Unless there's a whole lot of correcting Central will be lucky to win 2 games.

Well playing devils advocate here.  Central looked much better at the Bradley scrimmage.  Tellico pulled out the wing - t during the second half.  I feel like in a game prep situation kids would be prepared to handle this.  Two, could Tellico be a pretty good team this year? I will not make a true assessment until I see the second game of the season.

3 hours ago, hohmaster said:

I was at that scrimmage and felt like Tellico totally dominated.  Unless there's a whole lot of correcting Central will be lucky to win 2 games.

"Tellico totally dominated."

They won by a touchdown in 3 quarters of a game with no special teams and a lucky bounce/break. Central's last drive was cut short at the end of the 3rd Q to make way for the JV 4th period. Tellico did not "totally dominate" this scrimmage.  

Buffoonery!

Edited by BloodCharger

2 hours ago, BloodCharger said:

"Tellico totally dominated."

They won by a touchdown in 3 quarters of a game with no special teams and a lucky bounce/break. Central's last drive was cut short at the end of the 3rd Q to make way for the JV 4th period. Tellico did not "totally dominate" this scrimmage.  

Buffoonery!

It was 5 touchdowns for Tellico to 2 touchdowns for Central after 3 quarters according to the DPA. Central's JV scored a TD on the last play of the 4th quarter against Tellico's JV to make it a final of  30-20. From my point of view watching the scrimmage, it was dominated by Tellico.
How many games do you think Central will win?

3 hours ago, logcabinman said:

Well playing devils advocate here.  Central looked much better at the Bradley scrimmage.  Tellico pulled out the wing - t during the second half.  I feel like in a game prep situation kids would be prepared to handle this.  Two, could Tellico be a pretty good team this year? I will not make a true assessment until I see the second game of the season.

You do know that Bradley is way down this year don't you?  Alcoa was up on Bradley 42-0 after 3 qtrs. in a game type scrimmage. Central looked better against Bradley and Catholic though because those teams played mostly JV in the scrimmages  against Central. When Bradley and Catholic went to red zone offense series they both had most of their starters in and they each scored in one play.
What does the opponent going to the wing-t have to do with poor tackling by Central?
Tellico may be a decent team this year. They're pretty young across the board, but they certainly had more fight in them than Central did in that scrimmage.
I know your youngest son plays for Central so you are biased and want to believe, and that's all right. You think I may be negative but I call it like I see it just like I always do.  I say two wins this year and I hope I'm proven wrong. 

Edited by hohmaster

1 hour ago, hohmaster said:

You do know that Bradley is way down this year don't you?  Alcoa was up on Bradley 42-0 after 3 qtrs. in a game type scrimmage. Central looked better against Bradley and Catholic though because those teams played mostly JV in the scrimmages  against Central. When Bradley and Catholic went to red zone offense series they both had most of their starters in and they each scored in one play.
What does the opponent going to the wing-t have to do with poor tackling by Central?
Tellico may be a decent team this year. They're pretty young across the board, but they certainly had more fight in them than Central did in that scrimmage.
I know your youngest son plays for Central so you are biased and want to believe, and that's all right. You think I may be negative but I call it like I see it just like I always do.  I say two wins this year and I hope I'm proven wrong. 

Yes, my son is Davis and yes you know me. Never have been bias on here, why would I be. Hopeful may be. Alcoa does that to a lot of teams. After a couple of games I’ll make a decision, cause our schedule may give us an opportunity to sneak up. 

20 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

Yes, my son is Davis and yes you know me. Never have been bias on here, why would I be. Hopeful may be. Alcoa does that to a lot of teams. After a couple of games I’ll make a decision, cause our schedule may give us an opportunity to sneak up. 

As long as you are realistic it's okay to be hopeful. I don't blame your son and his teammates. I support the young men playing but feel sorry them.  Like last year I see 4-5 winnable games.
How is your oldest doing at UTC? 

28 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

As long as you are realistic it's okay to be hopeful. I don't blame your son and his teammates. I support the young men playing but feel sorry them.  Like last year I see 4-5 winnable games.
How is your oldest doing at UTC? 

Career is over, ready to start his new chapter in his life.  NewCoaching staff imo at UTC, is novice and were not equipped. Quite a bit of the boys left the team.  He had some big plays and some good hits.  Gonna miss him playing.  He has an internship with a construction company there with job after graduation.  He can graduate in fall.  He loved Huesman and it went down hill after Coach Huesman left.  He loved playing.  

6 hours ago, hohmaster said:

It was 5 touchdowns for Tellico to 2 touchdowns for Central after 3 quarters according to the DPA. Central's JV scored a TD on the last play of the 4th quarter against Tellico's JV to make it a final of  30-20. From my point of view watching the scrimmage, it was dominated by Tellico.
How many games do you think Central will win?

Tellico Varsity 22

Central Varsity 14

Lucky break on fumble for td and a drive ending by 3rd quarter buzzer. Laughable.....not happening in a game.

JV entire 4th Quarter 

Tellico JV 8

Central JV 6

Just a question for some of you Etowah guys. I grew up in Etowah in the mid 70s. Played football for the Etowah Piledrivers for several years. Played on some really good youth teams with a few guys that went on to play D1 ball (Norman Jordan, Gordon Jackson just to name a couple). I moved away in the eight grade but continued to keep up with those guys for a while. I think they had a few good teams during their High School careers. My question is: Has the Piledriver youth program continued or has it faded away. Back in the day they had very good coaching. I think it was a pretty good feeder.

13 hours ago, DandDD said:

Just a question for some of you Etowah guys. I grew up in Etowah in the mid 70s. Played football for the Etowah Piledrivers for several years. Played on some really good youth teams with a few guys that went on to play D1 ball (Norman Jordan, Gordon Jackson just to name a couple). I moved away in the eight grade but continued to keep up with those guys for a while. I think they had a few good teams during their High School careers. My question is: Has the Piledriver youth program continued or has it faded away. Back in the day they had very good coaching. I think it was a pretty good feeder.

Two of Etowah's best are playing at McMinn now. One transferred from Central and the other went after 8th grade year. The trend has been that the good Etowah players tend to go to McMinn to play. "More exposure" they say. However, Central has more kids playing in college than McMinn does at this point.