District 9AA 2017-2018

buledievlpdrie

36 minutes ago, B52bomber3 said:

Thanks I knew that meant whites creek since east probably gets back on track . Harpeth will be 3 playing MLK most likely but who really knows . Upsets all over on both sides so anything could happen . 

No problem ,and yes it will suck if you lose district 9aa and have to host east. No 1 in mid-state and finished 3rd in district.

Edited by Beamerball

Cheatham definitely played the role of spoiler this year. Hard to fathom a team with more wins in the district tournament than they had all year in district. The matchups now definitely do not look good in regional. I don’t see any of those games even being close now. Tournaments have a way of totally ruining a positive season with a bad game or two. GB and sycamore should be interesting. It will definitely be a disadvantage to the loser of that one in regions. Strange year for sure. 7:5 and 6:6 matchup for 1st and 2nd. 3rd goes to a 1:11 and fourth to 11:1 teams. Not to mention the elimination of both white house teams. As crazy as this has been i would not be surprised to actally see all 4 teams continue the insanity and win their games in regions..... ok that was a lie, i would still be surprised. But given this district tournament, who knows?;)

On 2/18/2018 at 2:38 PM, B52bomber3 said:

I said early in the year after watching greenbrier play . I thought they were most complete team . They had great point guard good shooter and an athletic Big that can play inside or out . The key to beating greenbrier is taking away their point guard masking someone else run point . 

You are right Greenbriar played as a team and did very well down the final stretch. I have them winning district, It would be nice to see them make it out of regions. Good luck to Greenbriar and Sycamore tonight.

Edited by Vernon

Still coming around to the fact that my older boy #24 is done with the Heritage loss to Cheatham. 

Feels a little better that Cheatham was able to take our Harpeth though. Props to their coaches for not having them quit down 20 vs Heritage and not allowing them to be satisfied either as they took on Harpeth.

Going into the tourney I was thinking  WHH v Sycamore final. I got Sycamore tonight.  Youth and size over experience.

• Like 1