2 Round Milan @ Covington

55 minutes ago, bglass said:

BPM doesn't really think that. I'm thinking it will be a battle. Milan may have not had the season they were expecting but that doesn't matter now.

Every time I have said we would lose this year I have been correct. People have accused me of "sandbagging" but I have done nothing but speak the truth. Look at my picks on the 3A pick em contest. I picked Covington to win this game. 

Milan played inspired football last night. I hope more than anything that can carry over to this week but I expect our road comes to an end next Friday. 

12 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Every time I have said we would lose this year I have been correct. People have accused me of "sandbagging" but I have done nothing but speak the truth. Look at my picks on the 3A pick em contest. I picked Covington to win this game. 

Milan played inspired football last night. I hope more than anything that can carry over to this week but I expect our road comes to an end next Friday. 

I hope your pick is correct but I think it will be a close game for sure.

I suspect that Milan is looking at the playoffs as a "new season" where the regular season can be forgotten and they can start over. I suspect that their coaching staff will have them ready to play.

Covington will need to look at this as a new season, too. None of the wins in our 9-0 regular season win streak count for anything (except to get us home field advantage). I suspect that our slow start vs Melrose will give Coach Wheeler and staff plenty of ammo to fire up the troops.

i want to welcome our Milan opponents to Covington. Let's have a good game and represent our Region well.

So, did a little research on the Milan - Covington football series. Milan is 8-4 all time against Covington. Per the high school database, Milan dominated early in the series. The teams have not met a lot recently, sometimes being in different classification, sometimes just in different regions.

The last 4 games have been very even:

2011 Milan won 28-26

2012 Covington won 24-13

2015 Milan won 23-21 (playoffs)

2017 Covington won 28-27 (overtime)

I expect a close game again this Friday. Milan has too much pride to not put up a real fight. I'm hoping my Chargers can prevail, but the regular season matchup this year was as close as you could want.