Fraud or For Real?

hollowman

On 11/6/2017 at 1:29 PM, leadfarmer said:

Marshall County's non region schedule:

6A Cane Ridge  L 27-20 had a couple of chances to win that one.

5A Shelbyville  W 51-27

3A Pearl Cohn L 28-24 led the game with 2 mins left. Another game we could have won. Made too many mistakes against a very good team.

3A Giles County W 49-28

6A Brentwood L 49-7

We scheduled those teams because we have the playoffs in mind and knew that each of those teams would challenge us in all 3 phases of the game and make us better win or lose. 

lead, 

This is exactly what great coaches do.  For my own amusement, I began to look at R4's teams and who their non-region games were against.  All I can say is, wow!  The collective quality of teams played outside of region games was impressive.  Logistically, I saw some non-region games that had to be played by those in R4 because of rivalries and so forth, but overall, what it did was made everybody (within R4) a much better than average football team when it came time to play within the region.  Best of luck to you and the other 3 from R4.  It'll be down to 2 after Friday night.

14 minutes ago, hollowman said:

lead, 

This is exactly what great coaches do.  For my own amusement, I began to look at R4's teams and who their non-region games were against.  All I can say is, wow!  The collective quality of teams played outside of region games was impressive.  Logistically, I saw some non-region games that had to be played by those in R4 because of rivalries and so forth, but overall, what it did was made everybody (within R4) a much better than average football team when it came time to play within the region.  Best of luck to you and the other 3 from R4.  It'll be down to 2 after Friday night.

Thanks man. We have a young, but capable secondary. All of our non region games (region games as well) saw better than average quarterbacks. Coach O put together a great test for our guys to get us ready for the post season. MC has been fortunate to have alot of talent over the last few years but considering all that we lost to graduation last year I was thinking we were going to be down a little this season but in reality we are not that far off from last season. No shame in the losses we took this season...well maybe Brentwood. We didn' come to play in that game at all. The Bruins jumped out on us very early and we just never got anything going. Can't  do that against good teams.