Fraud or For Real?

hollowman

Germantown is a good football team. With that being said. I wouldn't be surprised in a White Station win. Please don't judge them by their record. White Station is extremely dangerous! I'm a Haven guy and I would rather rematch with G-Town who we lost to 29-21 than play White Station who we beat 23-14. Just saying.  

2 minutes ago, dannyq said:

Germantown is a good football team. With that being said. I wouldn't be surprised in a White Station win. Please don't judge them by their record. White Station is extremely dangerous! I'm a Haven guy and I would rather rematch with G-Town who we lost to 29-21 than play White Station who we beat 23-14. Just saying.  

I think Oakland is the best in 6A this year but I would never bet against Whitehaven.

1 hour ago, midtnmale said:

Not to toot Marshall County's horn, but one can also add to that that three teams in their region were in the pre-season AP Top Ten in 4A. And, Region 4 swept Region 3 in the first round, with only one game being even close.

Didn' even think about the region schedule. 

Oakland - for real

Beech - for real

Greeneville - for real

White House - inflated for sure. After going 0-10, I can't disagree with the scheduling though. 

Dont know enough about the others to have an input  

Several teams that have a few losses, but Marshall county and Hillsboro come to mind right off as two that are for real. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, hollowman said:

Bear with me (pun intended for MJGB/GB69) -  No disrespect to the fine folks of MJ.  

After looking at 10-0 teams going into the 1st round, 6A through 1A, it was obvious that MJ stood out the most.  I believe that they were the ONLY 10-0 team that didn't make it into the 2nd round.  MJ was outmatched in every aspect of the game.  It can be attributed to several factors, but I personally think it was because of scheduled non-region opponent games.  With that being said, there's not a whole lot Team B can do when Team A has 3 kids to your one that are comparable.   Coach from Team B is proud of his 6'4'' 270lb lineman that runs a 4.9 and a couple of skill players that are sub 4.5 range, and he should be proud.  Knowing that you have a shot at making a run in the playoffs is good.  You should also know that those teams you'll be matched up with will also have those kids that you are so proud of as well.   Why not schedule a couple of non-region games with a team that has three 6'4'' 270lb linemen that are 4.9 kids and half a dozen skill players that are sub 4.5 kids?  I call EGO on coaches that schedule teams that are "for sure wins".  Every team needs to schedule that ONE game.  We call it Homecoming.   What can be done is perhaps scheduling some bruisers that are going to be explosive, quick, fast, and physical.  Does it change the fact that your team won't field as many athletes as your opponent?  No, but what it does do, is it gives your kids a sense of what to expect post season.  It gets them game speed ready under the lights, on a Friday night.  It gives your less athletic kids an insight to what kind of adjustments (angles, leverage, body position) he needs to make.  Typically after the round 2, the teams you'll encounter are there because they're pretty good.  In this case, it happened to MJ in the 1st round.   

Those still in...

6A 

Oakland - For real.

Germantown - ? I don't know enough about 'em.

5A

Beech - For real.

4A

Greeneville - ? I don't know enough about 'em

Anderson Co. - ? 

White House - ?

3A

Johnson Co. - ?

Raleigh Egypt - ?

Not really concerned about 2A & 1A.

From the list of undefeated teams, who's for real, and who's a fraud?

MJ.....what a joke that turned out to be. Who knew after the first few years that things would end in such an embarassing fashion for MJ....oh well, now Mr. Jones can go back to mid level college football and let a real coach come in here and get my VOLS back to where they're suppose to be.......hehehe

Greeneville is for real. Playing teams like Science Hill and DB are always good prep for post season and in conference rival EHS is no pushover either. Anderson Co is undefeated and no easy task but their schedule raises a bunch of questions. I don't think they are fraud even though their last few season were bad, this year could be an outlier or exception to the rule but we will see this friday if they are for real or not.

Johnson Co is not for real. I don't use fraud because any team undefeated is something nice. That being said JC benefited greatly by EHS moving up.I think JC needs another few years of winning seasons before an actual assessment can be made for them. Same with Anderson Co seeing the last 2 season for them were very rough.