Hillsboro @ Beech

AllRegion

23 minutes ago, gbrpats said:

Not so fast!!! Remember who gave Beech their closest game all year? That's right good ole Henry County and yes we are still alive and playing and playing our best football of the season! 

No disrespect intended towards Henry County at all. The Patriots did give Beech a heck of a game and it’s hard to beat a good team twice. If I was a betting man though, it’d be hard to go against Beech at Shackle Island in that matchup. The Beech D has gotten stingy as the season has progressed. I was very impressed with them tonight. 

8 hours ago, gbrpats said:

Not so fast!!! Remember who gave Beech their closest game all year? That's right good ole Henry County and yes we are still alive and playing and playing our best football of the season! 

It’s not foregone, but I would definitely still have Beech as the favorite. While we certainly have improved since early in the season, I think we would be foolish to assume Beech hasn’t improved as well. 

Hopefully we will get a chance to know for sure in 2 weeks. Gotta take care of business in round 3 first! 

2 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

So what's the reason why I'm Beech let their parents on the field to support their kids but wouldn't let Hillsboro parents on the field to uplift their kids?

That's a good question.  I heard something about that but wasn't aware of it at the time.  Also heard Hillsboro had some issues with one of their players during their post game huddle?

2 hours ago, AllRegion said:

What type of issues?

I didn’t see it but was told that one of the players was very upset. Understandable after losing a hard fought game like that to end the season I suppose. Don’t think it was a big deal. Since I didn’t see it I probably should not have brought it up. As for the parents not getting to go on the field, again, no idea why that was the case. 

1 hour ago, tandem said:

I didn’t see it but was told that one of the players was very upset. Understandable after losing a hard fought game like that to end the season I suppose. Don’t think it was a big deal. Since I didn’t see it I probably should not have brought it up. As for the parents not getting to go on the field, again, no idea why that was the case. 

No worries, I was just curious since I had heard a couple things about the game.