Quarterfinals Coalfield at Greenback

orngnblk

5 hours ago, CAH09 said:

I can agree somewhat on the coaching, and certainly at RB, that's obvious...the lines are close as well.  But no way at QB or at receiver... GB is solid at QB, but it's still a big gap at QB. GB has a good young WR as you said, but the Jones kid is a major playmaker for CF.... really, really good.  He's the 2nd or 3rd best player on the roster and they have a couple other solid players at WR as well. As a nogame. Can GB make it up that gap at RB?.... very possible... the decision on which line is better will be made Friday night. 

I agree about the wide receivers, they have been catching the ball well this year. This group of wideouts have improved drastically since a couple of years ago. 

5 hours ago, CAH09 said:

I can agree somewhat on the coaching, and certainly at RB, that's obvious...the lines are close as well.  But no way at QB or at receiver... GB is solid at QB, but it's still a big gap at QB. GB has a good young WR as you said, but the Jones kid is a major playmaker for CF.... really, really good.  He's the 2nd or 3rd best player on the roster and they have a couple other solid players at WR as well. As a group with the QB, major, major edge to CF in the passing game. Can GB make it up that gap at RB?.... very possible... the decision on which line is better will be made Friday night. 

I would disagree about the receivers as a whole GB's receivers are faster and better route runners than coalfields!! I'm not knocking coalfields receivers either just my opinion!! The one thing that makes a difference is you have a mr. Football finalist throwing them the ball and as far as running back I will take ours hands down to any other running back that I have seen in 1a (when he makes his mind up that he wants to run lol)!! Our QB may be under sized but he makes up for that in his effort and hard work!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gbnation said:

I would disagree about the receivers as a whole GB's receivers are faster and better route runners than coalfields!! I'm not knocking coalfields receivers either just my opinion!! The one thing that makes a difference is you have a mr. Football finalist throwing them the ball and as far as running back I will take ours hands down to any other running back that I have seen in 1a (when he makes his mind up that he wants to run lol)!! Our QB may be under sized but he makes up for that in his effort and hard work!!

I know one thing that football finalist doesn't catch the ball.

• Like 1

Both ball clubs have good ball players or they wouldn't be this far in the playoffs.  Depending on which team you support your going to be biased toward them.  I just hate to hear people say that our ball club is just all about Parker!  There is alot of good ball players on the team as they are on Greenbacks. 

1 hour ago, rtl112 said:

Both ball clubs have good ball players or they wouldn't be this far in the playoffs.  Depending on which team you support your going to be biased toward them.  I just hate to hear people say that our ball club is just all about Parker!  There is alot of good ball players on the team as they are on Greenbacks. 

I agree about both teams having some good ball players. Neither team is a one man show but your QB is a pretty good ball player and if you take him off the field it would make a huge difference in the outcome of this game IMO and I think that you would have to agree!! 

1 minute ago, Gbnation said:

I agree about both teams having some good ball players. Neither team is a one man show but your QB is a pretty good ball player and if you take him off the field it would make a huge difference in the outcome of this game IMO and I think that you would have to agree!! 

I agree!  I think the same about Gilbert for you all for he is a heck of a defense player as well as great running back. I'm just hoping for a good effort from both squads and hope to see a good ball game.  

Just now, rtl112 said:

I agree!  I think the same about Gilbert for you all for he is a heck of a defense player as well as great running back. I'm just hoping for a good effort from both squads and hope to see a good ball game.  

I think we will see a good ball game tomorrow night!! I also agree with o&b that the winner of this game will represent the east I might be wrong time will tell. 

12 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I think the Cherokees win this one for several reasons. #1 We are better than they are, I don't care if they have 70 seniors our juniors are better. Coalfield is better at 1 position and that is at QB but Parker is not miles ahead of Bryce. We have better receivers with Willis leading the pack. Our backs are better especially Breeden who is one of the best in the state. And our lines match up well I would take a couple of their lineman and I'm sure they wouldn't mind having a couple of ours. Defensively we match up well I will take our speed on the backend against their receivers all day. Special teams goes to Greenback just because Coalfields special teams are a special kind of awful. And lastly our coaching staff is miles ahead of Henry and his posse . So it boils down to can Parker McKinney beat us by himself????? Yes he is capable of it but its not going to happen this time. These Greenback boys are winners and they always have been since they were crickets, hoppers, cutters and juniors and now in high school. Greenback Cherokees by 21

I feel like I want some of that stuff you are smoking. I liked a lot of what you said except the QB and WR part. Oh and the coaching part. Just my opinion obviously. I think CF wins by 14