South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Boldin man again)

Roy Dillard

6 hours ago, Throck said:

My 2 cents for what its worth: we've not had a coaching staff since the 91 season. Vic has been at the top of the 1a class for years plus all the athletes in SP. I don't think this year is much different other than we got a good staff put together and the kids have bought in. Its not that Whitwell kids are great, but they have played together since pee wee (wolf pack). That doesn't happen much in Whitwell, and I think that's the difference.

Not kidding lol

This Whitwell team is very, very talented. 

4 hours ago, Throck said:

Agree, this is the best team Whitwell has had in 25 yrs. Those kids are not Super Stars. They have a smart coach and that makes them look good. My guess is SP has more athletes on the field JUST younger. Good coaching makes good performance

LMBO... this is funny. For the first time in 30 years. Whitwell has more athletes than SP. 

9 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

Because we needed them up here and your coach let us borrow them so we could be coalfield!! He said that you wouldn't need them this week against whit-wuhl!!!

Greenback has the best RB in 1A. They don't need ours. That much is certain. I'm telling you boys... Whitwell has about 5-6 players that are about as athletic as they come. We're in for a four quarter war on Friday night. 

10 hours ago, Throck said:

Agree, this is the best team Whitwell has had in 25 yrs. Those kids are not Super Stars. They have a smart coach and that makes them look good. My guess is SP has more athletes on the field JUST younger. Good coaching makes good performance

Whitwell has some great athletes in their jr and sr class.  Coaching has a part in it, but there is no discounting that this team and their players, the best whitwell have had in 20+ years collectively.

On 11/13/2017 at 9:44 PM, Roy Dillard said:

D60 what kind of mess is this? I looked in my Murphy Fair book and then Whitwell boys made it to the semifinals in 1991.  They got beat by Franklin road academy 24-7.  That was the year they had that holtcamp boy.  Now he is that holtcamp man.  You think im joking but im not. 

I wanna say they got beat 8-6 that night, may have to pull the murphy fair out to see.

12 hours ago, rlh said:

I think ya'll benefited from a good coach the last couple of years and the new coach is good and was able to build on that success. 

A lot of us here in Whitwell feel like we finally have a good staff now. Last couple coaches, Helton and Malone were not well liked. Many felt like Malone didn't buy in and was lazy, knew he was only going to be here a short time period. He wasn't good for the program. Helton was a nut case. The guy never punted, NEVER! Many feel we finally have a staff that can coach. They have made good adjustments all year. We just hope we can keep all of them around. A lot of young coaching talent on staff.