Huntingdon at Cornersville

ZEBRA35

43 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Huntingdon is Huntingdon and will win this game by 28 plus. Cornersville has not played anyone that is close to being as good as the mustangs.  This will be about like the SoPitt/Cornersville game last year. Dont get  me wrong I would love to see Cornersville give the mustangs a game but I don't see it happening. 

Do you realize that the south Pitt game was played with  sophmores and a 2 Juniors 

40 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

I wouldn't bet on Cornersville "wanting it more". We roll up the sidewalks and travel with our team here in Huntingdon. This game will come down to who blocks and tackles better and who protects the football.  Depth goes a long way as well. That's where games are won.  Emotion may carry you for a series or two.

11 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

What you dont understand is Huntingdon has been in these types of games before. Huntingdon is no 1 year wonder like Cornersville. Huntingdon has been a state power ever since high school football started. This group of Freshman-Seniors have all been playing tackle football since the 3rd grade. Its called tradition. You wont know what hit you come Friday night. Oh yeah those white streaks going up and down the field are those slow Huntingdon running backs

Cool story bro.

16 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

What you dont understand is Huntingdon has been in these types of games before. Huntingdon is no 1 year wonder like Cornersville. Huntingdon has been a state power ever since high school football started. This group of Freshman-Seniors have all been playing tackle football since the 3rd grade. Its called tradition. You wont know what hit you come Friday night. Oh yeah those white streaks going up and down the field are those slow Huntingdon running backs

3 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

Cool story bro.

16 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Cool story but You might want to rethink cornersville bro you have no idea 

9 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

We hit back bub. Anyway, where's a good place to eat down there?

The Tennessean truck stop is the closest to the field. I would suggest Mopeys in Lewisburg. Great steaks, wings, burgers it's all good. Mopeys is about 15 mins north of Cornersville. I wouldn't advise getting "hot" wings there though, unless you want to watch the game in pain lol. 

Edited by leadfarmer

2 hours ago, Notyouraveragejoe said:

No doubt Cornersville has a real good football team. Nothing but respect for your kids and coaching staff and you have every right and reason to feel good coming into the game Friday night. 

However, other than the somewhat slow start against Moore  (after a cpl weeks off) this Huntingdon team had been executing like surgeons on the field. They have cut up teams across West Tn with ease. Yes, some of those teams were not necessarily as good as the teams we are seeing now in the playoffs but the same can be said for Cornersville. You will see soon enough Why many have had Huntingdon picked to win it all. I have seen most every game this year and can assure you it's not hype! These kids are just truly that good! Do we have kids that jaw to much? Yep! Do we have kids that are super emotional? Yep! But that swag and emotion is contagious and the entire team has bought into what the coaches have taught them.

This will certainly be a great game for about a quarter or so. Huntingdon will make the needed adjustments and roll! Final 42-14. Pray for injury free game! 

Huntingdon hadn't had a couple weeks off when they played MC, they played the week before against Fville, just hope HHS hasn't gotten overconfident

8 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

Huntingdon hadn't had a couple weeks off when they played MC, they played the week before against Fville, just hope HHS hasn't gotten overconfident

Your correct and thank you for the correction. However I think you got the jest of it. Simply saying prior to our off week we were rolling right along. Wont take much to get back the boys back in snyc ! Talked with a few of the boys and they are actually super excited to be taking the road trip and playing a quality opponent. One actually said it was more fun now because they get to play the entire game. Lol