#1 Ranked GreenEville Vs Anderson County

DevilMan03

10 minutes ago, Mav4life said:

I am just curious as to why Cyclone fans keep throwing out their that AC beat them on a night that they did not play their best football.  Sounds like a cop out to save face in my opinion, if it was said once in this thread I would overlook it, but I have read it a couple times and just thought I would throw out the fact that AC Fumbled a few times, one when they were at the 2 fixing to score, gave EHS multiple drive starters in AC territory, missed multiple INT's and had a ton of penalties, about 4 in a row to assist one of EHS drives.  In all honesty, the same could be said that AC did not play their best football as well.  In reality, anyone at the game would know that AC should have beaten EHS by a score of around 52-7 if they would have played their best game.  AC had a tone of mistakes Friday Night.  I am just not buying that AC won because it was a night that EHS did not play their best football.  With that said, I still think Greeneville has the edge in this game.  I think Greeneville should have blown out EHS as well.  I will give my score prediction later in the week.  I think we are looking at a great atmosphere Friday between 2 very good teams.  Might be the best matchup of the year. 

I for one can tell you Greeneville played awful against Betsy in the first half. We drilled them in 2nd half. Wasn’t even close 

Edited by DevilMan03

Just now, DevilMan03 said:

I for one can tell you Greeneville played awful against Ac in the first half. We drilled them in 2nd half. Wasn’t even close 

I assume you mean against EHS.  But yea, I honestly think if you guys played again you beat them by a much larger Margin.  The Game Friday Night should have been worse

4 minutes ago, Mav4life said:

I assume you mean against EHS.  But yea, I honestly think if you guys played again you beat them by a much larger Margin.  The Game Friday Night should have been worse

Yes my bad lol 

Greeneville vs Betsy is a long standing tradition and always a tough game. It’s usually close. 

Edited by DevilMan03

33 minutes ago, Cyclonefan29 said:

I don’t believe total season stats are the main criteria. They take many factors into consideration and even who that team has played. If maryville moved down and played the exact same schedule as Ac do you think they would get any love? Do you believe people would laugh at the stats the same as they have Martin? Absolutely 

Remember when the voting took place though. Everyone had been discounting Ac for the scheduling while praising Greeneville for beating big name schools in 6a. 

With that being said, Ballard wins Mr.Football hands down. 

I would have to totally disagree. Unfortunately I have had to listen to radio announcers from both Granger and Elizabethton and I will assure you they were hands down in favor of Martin. One said Martin was Greeneville QB on Steroids calling him the Magic Man the other announcers said that was the best QB they have faced in a long long time if ever. And that come from announcers not just me, seriously!

2 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I would have to totally disagree. Unfortunately I have had to listen to radio announcers from both Granger and Elizabethton and I will assure you they were hands down in favor of Martin. One said Martin was Greeneville QB on Steroids calling him the Magic Man the other announcers said that was the best QB they have faced in a long long time if ever. And that come from announcers not just me, seriously!

I will say many announcers have no idea what they are talking about. Many of them have never played a down in there life. But it doesn’t matter what they say because they didn’t do the voting. I believe that Ballard will be the guy based on the timing of the voting. So I will agree with cyclone. During the season Anderson County didn’t have ANY impressive wins and if you think they did your lying to yourself. Those teams went 33-67 during the year. That’s atrocious 

34 minutes ago, Mav4life said:

I am just curious as to why Cyclone fans keep throwing out their that AC beat them on a night that they did not play their best football.  Sounds like a cop out to save face in my opinion, if it was said once in this thread I would overlook it, but I have read it a couple times and just thought I would throw out the fact that AC Fumbled a few times, one when they were at the 2 fixing to score, gave EHS multiple drive starters in AC territory, missed multiple INT's and had a ton of penalties, about 4 in a row to assist one of EHS drives.  In all honesty, the same could be said that AC did not play their best football as well.  In reality, anyone at the game would know that AC should have beaten EHS by a score of around 52-7 if they would have played their best game.  AC had a tone of mistakes Friday Night.  I am just not buying that AC won because it was a night that EHS did not play their best football.  With that said, I still think Greeneville has the edge in this game.  I think Greeneville should have blown out EHS as well.  I will give my score prediction later in the week.  I think we are looking at a great atmosphere Friday between 2 very good teams.  Might be the best matchup of the year. 

I have seen the same thing as well. I understand they want upper east Tennessee represented and I guess we would do the same but gee we could and should say we had a bad night but what about a bad second half against Greeneville too. Everything is bad night. Betsy is as good as Greeneville on a given night and we can say the same about AC. It's whoever is healthy and wanting it the most when you get teams this close and yes that is an opinion only mine LOL :)

Edited by Mavericksinflight

7 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

I will say many announcers have no idea what they are talking about. Many of them have never played a down in there life. But it doesn’t matter what they say because they didn’t do the voting. I believe that Ballard will be the guy based on the timing of the voting. So I will agree with cyclone. During the season Anderson County didn’t have ANY impressive wins and if you think they did your lying to yourself. Those teams went 33-67 during the year. That’s atrocious 

Well it's just another opinion of course they do call games all season so if something stick's out then they will give there opinion. So it's a good look from outside our little bubble of biased posters like me too LOL :)

Edited by Mavericksinflight

17 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Just to keep this going....lol what was Greeneville opponent records? Was is a little worse than 50-50?