#1 Ranked GreenEville Vs Anderson County

DevilMan03

1 hour ago, DeeJay32 said:

I know most people on here refuse to change their opinion even when faced with facts, but this excerpt below is directly from the TSSAA press release today that named the three finalists.  This makes it very clear that the winner has already been selected AND that is was based off regular season performance.

"A committee of statewide sports writers selected winners based on performance in the 2017 regular season. Academics and character were also taken into consideration. High school head coaches and members of the media nominated the finalists."

If this is true Stanton got it!!!

I would like to take a moment and thank the staff of the 12-0 Anderson County Mavericks (AC) . It has been fun  to have an opportunity to get on CoachT and smack talk with our opponents and have fun too even with Devilman LOL. But seriously this AC staff working as team has taken a young set of Mavericks that were mercy ruled (running clock) last year by Greeneville Green Devils and turned these guys into a Championship team. That takes a lot of hard work and I am so proud of this year's team! Good job staff for working as a team and creating a Championship Team! When Friday night comes I have faith the Mavericks as a team will make all of there fans proud, win or lose!

GO MAVERICKS Show them a Mercy Rule!

• Upvote 1

Did Stanton have better stats yes against weak competition. Now it is it unusual for mr.football to not have the best stats. They take everything into consideration even sos.

I know the Mavs aren’t use to the mr.football thing and playing in the quarterfinals but I’ll let it slide this time. 

I know one thing is for sure. Ballard could care less about Mr.Football. Only thing on that kids mind is a state title 

Edited by DevilMan03

AC has one chance to win this game. If they can score fast and get ahead. Everyone thinks this game will be about the two QB but that is far from the truth. I can't speak for AC's game plan but I know exactly what Greeneville s will be. Greeneville will come out and run the ball straight down AC's throat. They did it to Science Hill who had 300 pound d lineman and physically dominated the game. By the 4th quarter AC will be beat down physically. If you don't think so watch the YouTube video of the game last yr and look how much bigger and more physical Greeneville is than AC.  So if I was AC I would take the ball first if I win the coin toss and try to score fast and maybe get Greeneville out of their game plan. Then they have a chance.

Edited by cowbellking
Spelling

43 minutes ago, cowbellking said:

AC has one chance to win this game. If they can score fast and get ahead. Everyone thinks this game will be about the two QB but that is far from the truth. I can't speak for AC's game plan but I know exactly what Greeneville s will be. Greeneville will come out and run the ball straight down AC's throat. They did it to Science Hill who had 300 pound d lineman and physically dominated the game. By the 4th quarter AC will be beat down physically. If you don't think so watch the YouTube video of the game last yr and look how much bigger and more physical Greeneville is than AC.  So if I was AC I would take the ball first if I win the coin toss and try to score fast and maybe get Greeneville out of their game plan. Then they have a chance.

I see makes sense to. Greeneville did have trouble pretty much first half then wore Betsy down  too! Hmmmmm something for mavs to think about interesting!!!!! 

44 minutes ago, Mav4life said:

on a serious note, what were the stats of both QB's during the regular season?  I would like to see them lined up side by side just to compare.  Also, I know that Stanton has like a 4.3 gpa and a 27 ACT Score, any idea what Cade's is?

I do not know his exact GPA but I know he is an excellent student so it's pretty high. It would be pretty hard to beat a 4.3 however. It sounds like both are very deserving of the award. It's unfortunate they are in the same class and classification. To be honest though I'm not really sure how much they actually take into consideration of the classroom. I know they say they do because it looks good on paper to say that but there has been some past winners that weren't exactly star students.

Not read through most of this,I'd say it wll go around a few hundred times and come back to the same place by Friday.That place is two very good teams that are capable of beating each other.Would any of you like to bet and give say 14 points either way.If so,you will probably lose your money.Turnovers,penalties,a questionable call or two and either team can be beat.I hope its a very good game and the home team has the most points when its over.From what I have seen,both are loaded and can score on anyone and that spells trouble for both defenses. Hope the Devils can make a few more stops.

1 hour ago, Mav4life said:

on a serious note, what were the stats of both QB's during the regular season?  I would like to see them lined up side by side just to compare.  Also, I know that Stanton has like a 4.3 gpa and a 27 ACT Score, any idea what Cade's is?

4.3 is awesome and 27 is more then enough for a young man that will get a ride.Now,if you have a kid that is in high school and isn't going to play sports at the next level and are going to college in a year or two .If you want to save some money.Make them take the ACT until they get a 30.