Round 3 Raleigh -Egypt @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

4 minutes ago, lincoln said:

Squatchie County lost to South Pitt a 1A team that runs the wing t.  Covington runs a very similar style on offense and is a lot more athletic/bigger on defense.  Yall finished 6-5 and it would be a running clock if you played either team.  But this will not matter because of the obvious...... you got bounced in the first round and that is why you have so much time to break down film these days.  Covington beat Brighton 26-0 5A School still playing.  Crockett Co. 4ASchool  35-30 really not that close of a game Still playing.  Both of these schools would put a running clock on you.  So you have been heard and acknowledged.  My advice is to go away now and play your video games.  Or hey go break down more film  Go Chargers!

Sounds about like the attitude of a loser.

On 11/13/2017 at 8:39 AM, CHARGERFAN said:

To me, the most concerning stat here is Raleigh-Egypt's rushing defense. Now they have not probably played a rushing attack like ours yet, but these stats tell me that RE has a lot more going for them than just Grandberry running the ball. I'm sure that Coach Wheeler and staff are aware of what they are facing, but the stats are very interesting to me as a fan. 

I'm in agreement. RE hasn't faced an opponent this year with the running capabilities of a Covington. I would venture to say that Covington hasn't faced a team with a dynamic RB and run game as they will face when they play RE. This is going to be ground and pound from both teams. Clock control offenses. A lot of punting from both squads. 

Who will control the big plays from the other team? Who will be able to pass more effectively? Covington is averaging 80 yds/game while RE is averaging 120 yds/game. Who shuts down the other's run game more effectively? The chargers are giving up more yardage per run then RE is. I don't think RE holds Covington to 35 yds rushing ... but what do they actually hold them to? 100 yards? 150 yards? Can Covington beat RE only gaining 100 yds rushing? How many yards rushing does Covington hold RE to? 100 yds? 150? Which team wins with their rushing yards drastically reduced as such?

Who has the turnovers? Covington? RE? When good teams face another quality good team, the games tends to be UGLY. Can Covington win ugly? Can RE win ugly. Make no bones about it. Yardage won't come easy for either squad. Does Covington get a case of the butter fingers with their Wing-T  type offense? Does RE get a case of the yips when carrying the ball?

Does the Covington QB throw the ball to the other team when asked to pass the ball more then usual? How about RE's QB?  Who keeps their head when things aren't going to plan?

Does the coaching for RE outweigh the Covington coaching? Do the Covington coaches out manuver and get the better of Major Wright? Who coaches their team better in the critical situations?

Questions.

Edited by kwc