Round 3 Raleigh -Egypt @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

34 minutes ago, bglass said:

Covington has a strong kicking game we just have to kick it away from Grandberry. I really believe if we can hold him in check we win I'm not to impressed with their QB from what I have seen on film.

Qauntify ... 'hold him in check' for me. 

The Covington kicking game is a plus. the Covington kicker has been clutch all season. zput a check on Covington's side of the board for having the advantage in that regard.

Also, the Covington RBs are no slouches. One RB, Ke'Shun Grant has numbers that are just slightly lower then Granberry's. Mr. Grant has rushed for 1725 yds on 192 carries through the regular season. The other back, Codarries Page, has ammassed 946 yds on 145 carries during the regular season. That is ridiculous, to say the least. That's 173 yds/game plus 95 yds/game in the backfield. A total of 268 yd/game in the backfield between the two. They probably won't get their average in this game ... but what is the minimun amount of production needed from the two of them for Covington to win Friday?

Edited by kwc

11 minutes ago, kwc said:

Qauntify ... 'hold him in check' for me. 

The Covington kicking game is a plus. the Covington kicker has been clutch all season. zput a check on Covington's side of the board for having the advantage in that regard.

Also, the Covington RBs are no slouches. One RB, Ke'Shun Grant has numbers that are just slightly lower then Granberry's. Mr. Grant has rushed for 1725 yds on 192 carries through the regular season. The other back, Codarries Page, has ammassed 946 yds on 145 carries during the regular season. That is ridiculous, to say the least. That's 173 yds/game plus 95 yds/game in the backfield. A total of 268 yd/game in the backfield between the two. They probably won't get their average in this game ... but what is the minimun amount of production needed from the two of them for Covington to win Friday?

"Hold him in check"- keep his big plays to a minimum.

The minimum amount of production needed changes with certain scenarios. If the defense is playing good and holding RE, then I would say 80-100 yards per back would be good enough. 

Covington has other weapons on offense as well, the qb can run and throw very well, the WR are fast and big. 

I'm sure RE has plenty of other weapons other than grandberry. 

I think it's going to be a great, hard fought game tomorrow night.

1 minute ago, ChargerFan7465 said:

"Hold him in check"- keep his big plays to a minimum.

The minimum amount of production needed changes with certain scenarios. If the defense is playing good and holding RE, then I would say 80-100 yards per back would be good enough. 

Covington has other weapons on offense as well, the qb can run and throw very well, the WR are fast and big. 

I'm sure RE has plenty of other weapons other than grandberry. 

I think it's going to be a great, hard fought game tomorrow night.

Teams that make it to the quaretrs are good teams and aren't dependent upon one player for everything. RE has Mr. Granberry and a cast of players. Covington rely's mostly on Mr. Grant and Mr. Page. Both have stellar defenses. Both stop the run pretty well. How is Covington on stopping the pass? I know RE is great at stopping both ... but it's not like they have to worry about Covington passing the ball too much anyway.

3 hours ago, bglass said:

Think we need to keep Grandberry under 150 . We have his cousin Quentin Booker #7 playing safety for us and he's a great tackler and will hit u hard. We will need to rush for around 200 for us to win . We can throw the ball also but we haven't had to much this season.

Wow ... 150 huh? throw in the passing game of 120 ... that's 270. According to the Shelby Metro Sportsblog website ... Covington gives up on average 266 yds/game on average. I'd take that if I were the RE coach. All day long.

RE, on avergae is holding teams to 109 yds/game. I doubt they hold Covington to that ... but still.

Hmmmm ...

Edited by kwc

On 11/13/2017 at 2:04 PM, BlackHavenSenator said:

I think Major Wright got the Pharoes on a mission. I look forward to seeing them in Cookeville. 

My score prediction 31-21 Raleigh-Egypt

Covington should keep it close because they are a proud program and they'll be at home but I say Major Wright will be making it to the Semifinals. 

10 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Covington should keep it close because they are a proud program and they'll be at home but I say Major Wright will be making it to the Semifinals. 

RE supporters are hanging their hats on Major Wright. Marty Wheeler is a much better coach in the playoffs than Major Wright. Wright's playoff record is 11-14 at all schools. He has never advanced to the state championship game. Marty Wheeler's postseason record is 8-7 with a trip to the state championship game in Cookeville in 2012, where we lost to Fulton.  

I like what Wright has done to turn around the Raleigh Egypt program, but for post-season play, Coach Wheeler has the better results based on his career.

(note: Above results from Tn Prep Football database and do not include the current playoff data).

Edited by CHARGERFAN
added info

18 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

RE supporters are hanging their hats on Major Wright. Marty Wheeler is a much better coach in the playoffs than Major Wright. Wright's playoff record is 11-14 at all schools. He has never advanced to the state championship game. Marty Wheeler's postseason record is 8-7 with a trip to the state championship game in Cookeville in 2012, where we lost to Fulton.  

I like what Wright has done to turn around the Raleigh Egypt program, but for post-season play, Coach Wheeler has the better results based on his career.

(note: Above results from Tn Prep Football database and do not include the current playoff data).

25 Playoff games is better than 15... Sounds like one coach has more Playoff experience and I KNOW Wright coached in the BIGGEST Public school classification. So yeah, we'll see 

Big game tonight! Both coaches have playoff experience, both teams are good teams. I am basing my pick off of competition. Covington has played several teams that are on RE's level. RE has not played a team yet on Covington's level. I'll go with covington by 4-7 points. I think RE's kicking game will end up biting them. They will fail to convert a couple of 2 point attempts that will decide the game.