Round 3 Raleigh -Egypt @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

Just now, ChargerFan7465 said:

Haha no bandwagon, I played there from 02-05, always supported them thru good and bad. It's funny you had to go look at my profile to get some fire power...haha

look to the left  of your screen chief, under your name and cute little lightning bolt... 7 posts... I didn't have to look at your bandwagon profile

35 minutes ago, kwc said:

I'm in agreement. RE hasn't faced an opponent this year with the running capabilities of a Covington. I would venture to say that Covington hasn't faced a team with a dynamic RB and run game as they will face when they play RE. This is going to be ground and pound from both teams. Clock control offenses. A lot of punting from both squads. 

Who will control the big plays from the other team? Who will be able to pass more effectively? Covington is averaging 80 yds/game while RE is averaging 120 yds/game. Who shuts down the other's run game more effectively? The chargers are giving up more yardage per run then RE is. I don't think RE holds Covington to 35 yds rushing ... but what do they actually hold them to? 100 yards? 150 yards? Can Covington beat RE only gaining 100 yds rushing? How many yards rushing does Covington hold RE to? 100 yds? 150? Which team wins with their rushing yards drastically reduced as such?

Who has the turnovers? Covington? RE? When good teams face another quality good team, the games tends to be UGLY. Can Covington win ugly? Can RE win ugly. Make no bones about it. Yardage won't come easy for either squad. Does Covington get a case of the butter fingers with their Wing-T  type offense? Does RE get a case of the yips when carrying the ball?

Does the Covington QB throw the ball to the other team when asked to pass the ball more then usual? How about RE's QB?  Who keeps their head when things aren't going to plan?

Does the coaching for RE outweigh the Covington coaching? Do the Covington coaches out manuver and get the better of Major Wright? Who coaches their team better in the critical situations?

Questions.

I'm gonna say we've had three interceptions and maybe four fumbles thru 12 games. I think this will be our QB s 36 th game so he knows how to handle pressure he's started every game since his freshman season. If we don't turn it over which like I said we haven't much I think we'll win in a close game. I would venture to say RE wouldn't be undefeated if they had played our schedule .

Edited by bglass

21 hours ago, kwc said:

I'm in agreement. RE hasn't faced an opponent this year with the running capabilities of a Covington. I would venture to say that Covington hasn't faced a team with a dynamic RB and run game as they will face when they play RE. This is going to be ground and pound from both teams. Clock control offenses. A lot of punting from both squads. 

Who will control the big plays from the other team? Who will be able to pass more effectively? Covington is averaging 80 yds/game while RE is averaging 120 yds/game. Who shuts down the other's run game more effectively? The chargers are giving up more yardage per run then RE is. I don't think RE holds Covington to 35 yds rushing ... but what do they actually hold them to? 100 yards? 150 yards? Can Covington beat RE only gaining 100 yds rushing? How many yards rushing does Covington hold RE to? 100 yds? 150? Which team wins with their rushing yards drastically reduced as such?

Who has the turnovers? Covington? RE? When good teams face another quality good team, the games tends to be UGLY. Can Covington win ugly? Can RE win ugly. Make no bones about it. Yardage won't come easy for either squad. Does Covington get a case of the butter fingers with their Wing-T  type offense? Does RE get a case of the yips when carrying the ball?

Does the Covington QB throw the ball to the other team when asked to pass the ball more then usual? How about RE's QB?  Who keeps their head when things aren't going to plan?

Does the coaching for RE outweigh the Covington coaching? Do the Covington coaches out manuver and get the better of Major Wright? Who coaches their team better in the critical situations?

Questions.

I'll say this, if covington only runs for 100 yards, they will lose. Same goes for RE. Covington has played some really good teams, especially closing out the season and managed to hang some pretty good rushing numbers. I look for more of the same against RE. Also, I know in the 3 games I watched Covington play, the QB completed most if not all of the passes that he attempted, including the bomb he threw against Milan last week to win the game. I didn't see the Covington/melrose game, but judging by the score, covington won ugly. More of the same last week against milan with two good teams going at it. Covington won ugly. I don't look for covington to pass the ball anymore than usual. They will throw it 5 or so times. 

Also, Major Wright is a great coach! But when it comes to playoff experience in high school ball, Id say the covington coaches far outweigh the RE coaches. The coaches for covington have been around a while. They are very familiar with the playoffs and know what it takes to get it done. I believe i heard last week while at the milan game that coach wheeler, the head coach for covington has been to 4 state championship games himself. Thats pretty darn good. 

I think the question is can RE keep doing what they have been doing all year against the best team they will have seen to date. Covington has seen 2 or 3 teams on the level that RE is. But RE has not yet faced a team that is on the level of Covington. I expect covington to keep doing what they do. Run the ball and throw some passes in to mix things up. I don't expect them to change that. What will RE do when the things that they have been doing all year do not work against the best team they have played?

On 11/15/2017 at 8:27 AM, bolddust281 said:

Squatch co would beat either of these teams by 10. west tn football doesn't hold up well against the east in the playoffs.

This is silly. While it is true that East Tn does tend to get the upper-hand over the west most of the time, there are only a handful of teams that would beat these two teams. I have heard of Sequatchie Co. before, but certainly not because of their football team. Looks like their one good season last year is getting to some heads over there. East Tn high school ball seems to be the same as East Tn college ball. The teams who cant get it done ride the coat tails of the teams that get it done every year. This is no different than TN fans chanting SEC SEC when bama wins it all. 

27 minutes ago, JoeBlow777 said:

I'll say this, if covington only runs for 100 yards, they will lose. Same goes for RE. Covington has played some really good teams, especially closing out the season and managed to hang some pretty good rushing numbers. I look for more of the same against RE. Also, I know in the 3 games I watched Covington play, the QB completed most if not all of the passes that he attempted, including the bomb he threw against Milan last week to win the game. I didn't see the Covington/melrose game, but judging by the score, covington won ugly. More of the same last week against milan with two good teams going at it. Covington won ugly. I don't look for covington to pass the ball anymore than usual. They will throw it 5 or so times. 

Also, Major Wright is a great coach! But when it comes to playoff experience in high school ball, Id say the covington coaches far outweigh the RE coaches. The coaches for covington have been around a while. They are very familiar with the playoffs and know what it takes to get it done. I believe i heard last week while at the milan game that coach wheeler, the head coach for covington has been to 4 state championship games himself. Thats pretty darn good. 

I think the question is can RE keep doing what they have been doing all year against the best team they will have seen to date. Covington has seen 2 or 3 teams on the level that RE is. But RE has not yet faced a team that is on the level of Covington. I expect covington to keep doing what they do. Run the ball and throw some passes in to mix things up. I don't expect them to change that. What will RE do when the things that they have been doing all year do not work against the best team they have played?

You think Covington is better then Region 7-6A Arlington? I don't. I'll put Covington up there with them though, as far as being competitive. RE hasn't had a schedule like Covington's, but they have faced some good teams as well, and they've bested the two Region 7-3A teams they have faced pretty handily as well.

I think the RE 'D' is as good as advertised. This will be the best Run 'D' that Covington will have faced. Heck, this will be the best all around defense that Covington will have faced, to date. Covington won't run for their average. Neither will RE. Can Covington pass more the 5 times a game and win? I believe that RE can, and will, because they are more balanced offensively then Covington. So, Can Covington win if they run the ball for 120 yards? I think RE's defense is capable of greatly reducing Covington's run game. How is Covington's punt game? How is RE's punt game? Both teams will probably punt quite a bit more then usual. Will there be a loss of focus on special teams? Field position football. Will Covington's defense slow down Mr. Granberry? How many yards will he get? Who can sustain a drive or two?

Questions to be answered tomorrow night.

Edited by kwc

1 hour ago, JoeBlow777 said:

This is silly. While it is true that East Tn does tend to get the upper-hand over the west most of the time, there are only a handful of teams that would beat these two teams. I have heard of Sequatchie Co. before, but certainly not because of their football team. Looks like their one good season last year is getting to some heads over there. East Tn high school ball seems to be the same as East Tn college ball. The teams who cant get it done ride the coat tails of the teams that get it done every year. This is no different than TN fans chanting SEC SEC when bama wins it all. 

Heard you guys were scared to schedule us...