Round 3: Maplewood @ Marshall County

Lead

1 hour ago, Marshall1969 said:

When we played earlier this year Marshall County played the worst game of the year. You haven't seen us at our best. Good Luck tonight.

So the game against Maplewood (that was won fairly easily) was worse than the three games loses, and the close win over Tullahoma? Your comment comes across as being full of bravado to me. 

Edited by midtnmale

1 hour ago, midtnmale said:

So the game against Maplewood (that was won fairly easily) was worse than the three games loses, and the close win over Tullahoma? Your comment comes across as being full of bravado to me. 

Cane Ridge, Pearl Cohn games were good games. Tullahoma and Brentwood were bad games. I'm guessing we overlooked Tullahoma and they snuck up on us. The Brentwood game...we didn't get off the bus. As far as Maplewood, we have had a tough time in the 2 games we have played there.

2 hours ago, midtnmale said:

No not at all, sorry. We were in 2 of those loses until the end. Brentwood, we never even try to play Marshall County football. Nothing but respect for Maplewood

Disaster start for Marshall County.  Couldn't field initial squib kick that made it all the way near the goal line then fumbled the second play following that.  Maplewood hit a 30 yard desperation heave on a tip drill on 4th and long for a touchdown shortly after that.  Maplewood hits Marshall County with a surprise onside kick, and Marshall County couldn't field it.  Caught a break when Hodges overthrew a wide open receiver in the end zone on another 4th down.

13 minutes ago, DragonVol said:

In my opinion, the class 4A state championship is being played tonight in Greenville. No offense, but neither of these teams are beating Anderson County. 

1. The same has been said about Greeneville.

2. You are discounting Haywood and Crockett County?

Edited by midtnmale

On 11/15/2017 at 10:16 AM, Swarm said:

Hey boski. Do you know Coach Black over at Fairview? He played at Maplewood back in mid 90's. Went to TSU then got drafted by the Buffalo Bills and played in the big leagues for a few years?

Yes..  I know coach Black..  one of my good teammates on those mean mid 90's squads.. ..  a great guy.. was one of the fastest in the state back then.. he scored Texans first ever punt return TD.. thought that was cool for the record books.. you played in mid 90's? 

Edited by boski