Round 3: Maplewood @ Marshall County

Lead

8 minutes ago, pizzpatriot said:

How were his actual stats Lead? I’ve seen and watched the kid a few times and am pulling for him. Would like to see him at the next level.

He went for 134 last night so that should put him at or over 1800 yards for the season. He broke the single season scoring record and he is in second place all time for rushing yards and second in scoring for Marshall County.  Career yards is north of 4000 in 3 seasons as a starter. Not sure on that exact number but I know  it's over 4k.

Edited by leadfarmer

If Broome can't control his players any better than that then he needs to find something else to do.

Just to add, I am not painting with a broad brush here. There were some players for Maplewood that kept their cool and we're trying to bring order to their teammates.  My hats off to those young men for that!

Edited by leadfarmer
  • Upvote 1

It needs to be addressed and known that 30-45 minutes after the game ended our team was on the bus and a few of us fans were walking off field behind #6 from his radio interview- so he was alone and here comes Maplewood fans taunting him, cussing him and our coaches acted quickly to diffuse the situation. Maplewood team comes from locker room running to our buses ( they should have been long gone at this point) utterly classless most scared I’ve ever been in my life as i stood there stunned but started recording it. I’ve lost all respect for the particular refs we had last night and Maplewood as a whole. We shouldn’t have to hire extra security because we are playing them- Come on coaches and parents teach them how to behave on a football field! When you are scared taking your children to a high school football game- there needs to be some repercussions addressed here. There were a few Maplewood players that tried to calm their players down but their coaches were slow to react. I’m so disappointed in this, been going to watch my Tigers for 40 plus years and been to Memphis, Knoxville and all over the state. Never thought at our own field i would feel threatened! Hoping we can all learn from this situation. Give peace a chance! God bless America, Go Tigers and Roll Tide!!

1 hour ago, midtnmale said:

It's unfortunate how the game transpired. Good luck to Marshall County in the next round. 

Next year should be should be tight and competitive for four, maybe five teams, to win the region.

Thanks man. Wouldn't hurt my feelings any if we never played Maplewood again to be honest. That's not a slight at you or boski.  I know y'all had nothing to do with what went on last night.

Edited by leadfarmer

7 hours ago, leadfarmer said:

He went for 134 last night so that should put him at or over 1800 yards for the season. He broke the single season scoring record and he is in second place all time for rushing yards and second in scoring for Marshall County.  Career yards is north of 4000 in 3 seasons as a starter. Not sure on that exact number but I know  it's over 4k.

Ya’ll gonna miss him next year! 

Good luck next week to ya’ll! 

4 hours ago, Lovemytigers3 said:

It needs to be addressed and known that 30-45 minutes after the game ended our team was on the bus and a few of us fans were walking off field behind #6 from his radio interview- so he was alone and here comes Maplewood fans taunting him, cussing him and our coaches acted quickly to diffuse the situation. Maplewood team comes from locker room running to our buses ( they should have been long gone at this point) utterly classless most scared I’ve ever been in my life as i stood there stunned but started recording it. I’ve lost all respect for the particular refs we had last night and Maplewood as a whole. We shouldn’t have to hire extra security because we are playing them- Come on coaches and parents teach them how to behave on a football field! When you are scared taking your children to a high school football game- there needs to be some repercussions addressed here. There were a few Maplewood players that tried to calm their players down but their coaches were slow to react. I’m so disappointed in this, been going to watch my Tigers for 40 plus years and been to Memphis, Knoxville and all over the state. Never thought at our own field i would feel threatened! Hoping we can all learn from this situation. Give peace a chance! God bless America, Go Tigers and Roll Tide!!

I’m sorry, but this behavior has nothing to do with refs. All about parents first and coaches second. Both programs should be embarrassed. I was there. Terrible behavior on every play from both teams. When 20 police officers are needed post game it is not a ref issue, but a program issue. 

13 minutes ago, Guanis42 said:

I’m sorry, but this behavior has nothing to do with refs. All about parents first and coaches second. Both programs should be embarrassed. I was there. Terrible behavior on every play from both teams. When 20 police officers are needed post game it is not a ref issue, but a program issue. 

Kick rocks dude. Maplewood was playing cheap and you know it! Started the game by jumping on our logo and taunting and right before we took the field for our first offensive series the Maplewood coaches were having to scream at their player for trying to get in our offensive huddle while we were still on our sideline. Show me one play where we instigated anything!

38 minutes ago, Guanis42 said:

Well all I know is when Tigers play out of town like that we get on bus and go home quickly and don’t destroy the locker rooms either. So you are entitled to your opinion but if you would like to watch Hudl video you will see that Tigers didn’t start anything it began at 3:30 when panthers were tearing up our field calling one of our ladies taking food out there- calling her ugly words and yes parenting is where it starts. But refs gotta keep it from getting to that level-been around football 47 years never witnessed anything like this. Especially what happened after the game!

22 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Well...Seem like MC won the fight but MW won the war. When you see stuff like that going on you have to talk to the players also to let them know. If you get kicked out you cant play next week. Losing liggett is a huge blow but I still think they can still ball without him.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Fbfan.

• Upvote 1