Round 3: Maplewood @ Marshall County

Lead

On 11/11/2017 at 9:13 AM, leadfarmer said:

Thoughts?

I  expect an outcome similar to their regular season meeting, including score. I can see the Panthers winning if they brought their "A" game and the Tigers brought their "B" game. Both are unlikely, in my opinion.

As a side note, unless their is a major drop-off  on the part of individual teams, I see Region 4 being very competitive next season. Maybe Lawrence County will be an outlier. But I can see the other five teams fighting for first place.

16 minutes ago, midtnmale said:

I  expect an outcome similar to their regular season meeting, including score. I can see the Panthers winning if they brought their "A" game and the Tigers brought their "B" game. Both are unlikely, in my opinion.

As a side note, unless their is a major drop-off  on the part of individual teams, I see Region 4 being very competitive next season. Maybe Lawrence County will be an outlier. But I can see the other five teams fighting for first place.

I can see Nolensville being a strong contender to win the region next year. Not sure what happened last week at Maplewood. Did Nolensville play lights out and Maplewood play bad?

1 hour ago, leadfarmer said:

I can see Nolensville being a strong contender to win the region next year. Not sure what happened last week at Maplewood. Did Nolensville play lights out and Maplewood play bad?

Maplewood played their "C" game the first half. The stepped it up to their "B" game in the second half. If the Panthers could actually put two halves together every game they would be state contenders. For example, against Lawrence County (a team they should have dominated from start to finish), they were behind 21-0 before scoring a touchdown just before the half. They wound up winning 35-28. So as it is, they haven't been much better than a second-round team in the past few years. You can't spot good teams in the play-offs and expect to win.

3 minutes ago, midtnmale said:

Maplewood played their "C" game the first half. The stepped it up to their "B" game in the second half. If the Panthers could actually put two halves together every game they would be state contenders. For example, against Lawrence County (a team they should have dominated from start to finish), they were behind 21-0 before scoring a touchdown just before the half. They wound up winning 35-28. So as it is, they haven't been much better than a second-round team in the past few years. You can't spot good teams in the play-offs and expect to win.

Maplewood has all the pieces, they just need to put it together. ( Hopefully they save that for week one of next year lol) They have plenty of athletes. Bobo does a good job of finding open receivers while on the run. Their defensive line is small but they get after it. I think it will be a good game. They always play us tough.

3 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

clickin when it counts for sure. 

Looks like it. These men have play3d team ball this year in every sense of the word. We don't have those 4 or 5 guys like we had last year that could just outplay everybody. We still have some players don't get me wrong, but we are still getting it done. The Tigers knew they had to work extra hard in the off season to get back to the level we were at last season. I expect no less than a tough game Friday.  Maplewood always plays us tough. 

On 11/11/2017 at 6:10 PM, boski said:

I was expecting this game to come back around..  and now its here. they get it right this time.. 

Hey boski. Do you know Coach Black over at Fairview? He played at Maplewood back in mid 90's. Went to TSU then got drafted by the Buffalo Bills and played in the big leagues for a few years?