#2 Whitehaven @ #1 Cane Ridge

GoPats2019

Whitehaven (11-2) at Cane Ridge (12-1)

Whitehaven coach Rodney Saulsberry (left) and Cane

Whitehaven coach Rodney Saulsberry (left) and Cane Ridge coach Eddie Woods (right) (Photo: The Tennessean)

Whitehaven has five shutouts and is allowing just 10 points per game. The Tigers ran for nearly 500 yards in last week’s win over White Station. Cane Ridge, led by former Melrose coach Eddie Woods, will spread things out to make room for Devon Starling (2,049 yards rushing, 24 TDs). Vanderbilt commitment Rayshad Williamson should draw the task of covering Ravens receiver Jared McCray (1,393 yards receiving, 13 TDs).

• Kreager: Cane Ridge 27, Whitehaven 21
  • Murphy: Cane Ridge 30, Whitehaven 28
  • Joyce: Cane Ridge 28, Whitehaven 27
  • Nearhos: Cane Ridge 28, Whitehaven 31
  • Odom: Cane Ridge 28, Whitehaven 27
  • Torres: Whitehaven 31, Cane Ridge 21
  • Robinson: Cane Ridge 24, Whitehaven 17
  • Varlas: Whitehaven 33, Cane Ridge 14

Maybe I'm missing something?

10 hours ago, dannyq said:

Whitehaven coach Rodney Saulsberry (left) and Cane Ridge coach Eddie Woods (right) (Photo: The Tennessean)

Whitehaven has five shutouts and is allowing just 10 points per game. The Tigers ran for nearly 500 yards in last week’s win over White Station. Cane Ridge, led by former Melrose coach Eddie Woods, will spread things out to make room for Devon Starling (2,049 yards rushing, 24 TDs). Vanderbilt commitment Rayshad Williamson should draw the task of covering Ravens receiver Jared McCray (1,393 yards receiving, 13 TDs).

I was surprised when I seen the predictions. Unless CR scores on defense or special teams I don't see them putting up more than 14. I'll take Whitehaven 21 CR 7 

Edited by Tnfootball1234

11 hours ago, dannyq said:

These folks don't know good football that's all

3 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

How do you figure? Both coaches played college ball with degrees? Heck, Jones at Cordova has had more success at the same size program, I mean, where's the big difference? 

What’s does playing college ball and having degrees got to do with coaching? You know how many people played college ball and pro ball that went on to get degrees and become average or bad coaches? It has nothing to do with degrees, and playing ball. Can you adjust and put your kids in position to be great. Correct me if I’m wrong they lost to a Memphis Central team that was not as good as them. I watched them play Pearl Cohn and they still haven’t made an adjustment on to stop pearl from running right up the middle. They kept blitzing outside pearl was running up the middle. I thought at half time adjustments would be made. Nope they came out and did the same thing? It’s no way you have those type of kids and numbers and play like that. He has did a good job I taking nothing from him, I’m just saying the coaching is a little better at CR

3 minutes ago, Soarman27 said:

What’s does playing college ball and having degrees got to do with coaching? You know how many people played college ball and pro ball that went on to get degrees and become average or bad coaches? It has nothing to do with degrees, and playing ball. Can you adjust and put your kids in position to be great. Correct me if I’m wrong they lost to a Memphis Central team that was not as good as them. I watched them play Pearl Cohn and they still haven’t made an adjustment on to stop pearl from running right up the middle. They kept blitzing outside pearl was running up the middle. I thought at half time adjustments would be made. Nope they came out and did the same thing? It’s no way you have those type of kids and numbers and play like that. He has did a good job I taking nothing from him, I’m just saying the coaching is a little better at CR

I think the coaching is no different at CR. One team doing something effectively on your defense doesn't prove that one coach is better than another my man.