Lake County @ Cornersville

cornerback10

2 hours ago, Big Bigby said:

No doubt DEFENSE won this game for Cville tonight....

Question is,,,, how's Cville's OFFENSE going to look without Woodard for THE last game.......?

IF Woodard doesn't play on Thursday----we scored 56, 38, and 42 in the three games he missed at the end of the season. We have two other 1,000+ yard rushers AND our backup QB started the entire year last year PLUS our defense held Huntingdon and Lake County 14 points in regulation the past two weeks. We'll be alright.

For those that are curious--official stats.

Number of plays: Cornersville 55  Lake County 47.

Total offense: Cornersville 216 yards  Lake County 157 

Time of Possession (approx.) Lake County 36 minutes  Cornersville 12

Rushing yards: Lake County 81 yards on 25 attempts  Cornersville 207 yards on 54 attempts

Passing yards: Cornersville 1-1 9 yards 0 TD O INT   Lake County 9-22  76 yards  0 TDs  2 INT

1st Downs: Cornersville 13  Lake County 8

3rd downs:  Cornersville  5-12 (41.7%)  Lake County 2-12 (16.7%)

4th downs: Cornersville  0-3   Lake County 1-4

Penalties: Lake County 3 for 15 yards   Cornersville 4 for 25 yards

Defensive Sacks: Lake County-0  Cornersville- 2 for 14 yards

Punts/Average: Lake County 5/33 yds   Cornersville 3/41.3

Individual Stats:

Lake County

Passing: #5   8-16 for 69 yards O TD 1 INT  #23  1-4 for 7 yards  0 TD 1 INT

Rushing: #23  18 carries for 90 yards (5 YPC)  #34 2 carries for 4 yards (2 YPC)  #5  4 carries for -8 yards (-2 YPC) TEAM 1 carry for -5 yards

Receiving: #4  2 receptions for 33 yards (16.5 YPR) #34 1 reception for 26 yards  #23 4 receptions for 10 yards (2.5 YPR) #9 1 reception for 7 yards #2 1 reception for 0 yards

Defensive: #42 8.5 tackles (3 TFL), #2 5.5 tackles, #23 5 tackles, #78 5 tackles, #9 4 tackles, #7 4 tackles, #4 4 tackles, #63 3 tackles (1 TFL), #25 TACKLES, #5 2 tackles, #12 1 tackle, #55 1 tackle. 

Punting: #25     5 punts   165 yards (33 avg.) 1 inside the 20

Kick returns:  #34  2 returns for 28 yards (14 avg.)

Edited by mikeinglsbee
mistype

Individual stats:

Cornersville 

Passing: #12 Kolbe McMahon 1-1 for 9 yards 0 TD 0 INT

Rushing: #15 Cameron Whitaker 21 carries for 77 yards (3.7 YPC), #12 Kolbe McMahon 14 carries for 47 yards (3.4 YPC), #2 Trenten Warren 9 carries for 42 yards (4.7 YPC), #22 Eli Woodard 6 carries for 35 yards (5.8 YPC) 1 TD, #10 Henlee Mitchell 1 carry 4 yards, #81 Peyton Finch 2 carries for 2 yards (1 YPC), #5 Darien Bush 1 carry for 0 yards.

Receiving: #5 Darien Bush 1 reception for 9 yards.

Defensive: #2 Trenten Warren 10.5 tackles (1.5 TFL) #65 Devin Baus 5 tackles (3 TFL, 1.5 sacks) #12  Kolbe McMahon 4 tackles (1.5 TFL), #15 Cameron Whitaker 3.5 tackles, #14 Blake Pickett 3 tackles (.5 TFL), #81 Peyton Finch 1.5 tackles (.5 TFL, .5 sacks), #53 Brock Powers 1.5 tackles (INT), #50 C.J. Coble 1 tackle, #61  1 tackle,  Darien Bush 1 tackle,  #63 Devin Massengill 1 tackle, Wes Calahan 1 tackle (INT)

Kicking: Adam Qualls FG: 0-1, PAT 1-1

Punts: Kolbe McMahon 3 punts for 124 yards (41.3 yards) 2 inside the 20

Kick Returns: Kolbe McMahon 1 return for 15 yards

Edited by mikeinglsbee
misalignment
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

Never thought I would see the day when Cornersville would be playing in THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. Super proud of those young men!

Same here buddy. When I first started covering these boys I knew they were going to be studs, but to get to Cookeville every little thing has to go right and fortunately for this team it has! I actually thought MC would take me to Cookeville before Cornersville but I'm happy to cover a county team either way!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

What turned out to be the play of the game was a Cornersville fumble at the LC 18 and the ball bounced back to the QB who ran it to the 4 . Cornersville scored next play. That's the breaks I guess. Cornersville has a great defense and deserved the win. Good luck in Cookeville. 

Thanks for the support. Great game watch against two great teams. LC has a great future. Young, big and very talented. Give #42 a big hug. That kid is a great player.

Great game last night by both teams.Great environment.Like 68 said.Play of the game was ball getting stripped and went back to QB and he ran close to the goal line.That play doesnt happen with no gain,maybe 0-0 game and overtime.But there were several plays that were huge.LC finally moving the ball to start the 3rd quarter.Johnson broke one,ran about 35 yards or so but Cornersville stopped him.Huge play by them.Same drive LC is on 11 yard line.2nd and 3..Ball is a high snap that Johnson had to leap for.Loss of 5 yards.Instead of 2nd and 3,now 2nd and and 8.Loss of 5 yards was huge.Still may could have run the ball 2 plays needing only 3 yards.But passed incomplete a couple passes and then the interception.Just a great play by Cornersville.Same on the other screen.Great play Looked like they scouted us well.Then Cornersville had chances a couple times,to run clock if they pick up first downs.LC held on 4th and 1 and I think a 4th and 2..Then game ends witb LC on 14 yard line after catching about a 20 yard pass.Wish LC would have run out of bounds.Six seconds left,start clkck on whistle.Spike the ball.2 seconds left.Sack qb to end game.Sure would have loved to see a min left with LC first down on 14.Great game,Cornersville played great defense all night.Congrats on the win.Great fans.Good luck Thursday

Edited by mrbigster

No excuses.Cornersville got the ball across the goal line and Lake Co didnt.If someone told me before the game that Cornersville was going to only score 7 points,Id bet a thousand dollars to a hundred that LC would win.Cornersville deserved it.Good luck at the State Championship.Great fan support.Corner and Sum I text yall about an hour and half before game,didnt see your text about being in end zone.Battery was getting low.Sorry we didnt meet up.Good luck guys

Edited by mrbigster