OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

13 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Gaddis has nothing to do with the middle school schedules.  This falls on the Admin. at JMS and RMS.  Last year, the same thing happened when OR played on a Thursday, but last year  JMS moved their game to Sat.  Not sure why they couldn't get it done this year.  It is unfortunate.    

Because AC is playing on Saturday. That's probably why Norris won't move the game.

12 hours ago, osunut2 said:

How's the coverage? I think I saw that it runs ~7 bucks a month, which isn't too bad.

Well, do you know of any other sites that offer in-depth coverage on 7 on 7s and scrimmages?  And football isn't the only sport they cover. They cover local high school sports in general. It's definitely worth the price and then some.

Edited by TheGuvna

On 8/13/2018 at 2:16 PM, HTV said:

HVA is one of those schools where the coaches of various sports don't like to share athletes, and with some to the point where they are flat out told that by playing football it damages the chances of getting PT in other sports.  It's been that was in particular with baseball players, as they play a significant fall schedule (unofficially, of course) and those kids know if they aren't there in the fall then they don't play in the spring.  Be interesting to see the new baseball coach's philosophy there.  

Unfortunately there are a few area schools in this same situation, and it's a shame, really.  It's just not fair to the kids.  

Meant to reply to this yesterday... I think baseball was the main culprit here at HVA.  I know that 30+ of the football players ran track this last season.  Multiple FB guys on basketball team.  Not many crossovers from soccer, but with brand new head coach for boys and girls soccer this year I know of 3 or 4 FB guys talking about playing soccer this spring.

Shame to hold back athletes from playing every sport possible in high school.  I think the push for recruiting, off season camps, and year-round training has taken away some of the FUN of playing multiple sports in high school.  Funny fact is most college coaches are looking for multi-sport athletes... so this professionalism, year-round dedicated sport focus is actually counter-productive.  Not to mention the muscles that are not being accessed by only playing one sport.

Spirit is hopping in the Valley this week... new turf field, new video scoreboard, Thursday night TV game, tradition-rich rival coming to town!  I hope the hawks can soar above all the hype and distractions to take care of business.  Noticed that the hawks have never beaten OR at home in this short-run rivalry.  Time to start some new traditions... #GoHawks