8AA

UTRok

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Friday nights games may shed some light on the district. York at LA and UHS at Macon. Tough week for LA with 3 games; home vs Watertown tonight at Clarkrange Thursday night and home with York Friday. UHS has DeKalb tonight at Macon Friday and then at York Tuesday 1/16. I think by the 16th most team in the district will have played each other 1 time. 

On 12/31/2017 at 11:28 AM, UTRok said:

Not sure I buy York at one. York looses to Clay county by 20 on their home court. They did beat Macon but don't know if Carlisle played. I still say it will be 2nd half of season before the district is sorted out. Macon girls win the tournament they were in this weekend as did both UHS boys and girls. At this point I think LA is the number 1 team. They beat Macon at Macon in a close game in the Nera White tourney. Smith county and Macon both 1-3 in the district 2nd half could be interesting.

York did lose to clay county but York did have one of their top scorers out that game due to an injury. In that case we had to bring in a couple of freshman who haven’t seen the floor all year. And in the Macon County game Carlisle did play. The whole game in fact. Not sure where you heard that he didn’t play in that game from. In my opinion this district is up for grabs. But with York sitting at the number 1 spot in district right now they will face Smith County tonight at home and will go to Livingston on Friday. Will be interesting to see how these games turn out. 

No one said he didn’t play. I knew he had a lot of football still going on with the Allstar game and didn’t know if he played. Was not aware of York missing  a starter against Clay. I knew Clay was missing one of theirs. I think we will know a lot more after next week in 8AA.

York and LA play tonight as well. So the top 4 teams in the district play against each other tonight. To me Smith county is still the puzzle of the district. I had no idea they would be in this position with 4 wins on the season. I've not seen them play this season. What is going on with them?

12 hours ago, UTRok said:

York and LA play tonight as well. So the top 4 teams in the district play against each other tonight. To me Smith county is still the puzzle of the district. I had no idea they would be in this position with 4 wins on the season. I've not seen them play this season. What is going on with them?

LA plays at Clarkrange tonight.  Play York at home tomorrow night.

Smith played pretty well at York Tuesday, probably shot it as well as they can but lost by 9.  Defensively they they need a lot of work.  Didn't look very interested on that end of the floor.

Edited by tnhoosier