8AA

UTRok

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Dexter10 said:

Smith is my sleeper in the district they were short handed against Trousdale last Saturday but that loss ain't to bad since they also beat clackrange and clay co tonight 

I differ in opinion with you there. When your qualifying a loss to single A teams as a positive for a AA team your reaching. Unless the single A team is a top 5 or so in the state. CR is 12-11 on the season and 3-4 in their district Trousdale is 8-11 on the season and 3-6 in their district. Clay has 3 losses in their district and 13-7 on the season so not what they have been recently. Trousdale has a 21 point loss to DeKalb and a 22 point win over DeKalb and they have beat Smith twice this season. The bottom half of 8AA is very weak this season as is the conference as a whole. As we all know on any given night with high school kids anything can happen. What you do in the district tourney is all that matters.

9 minutes ago, UTRok said:

UHS played at York today for a rare Sunday game and comes out with 2 W's. Lady Bees by 32 and the boys by 25. YI has lost 3 of the last 4 district games. Still  a lot going on in the district. Macon, LA and UHS could still win the district.

So could York, although they definitely have to play better than they have the last 2 weeks.

UHS beats Smith county 77-55 game never in question UHS led from start to finish. Officials were not awesome at least 50 total fouls called. 3 technical one on UHS coach and 2 on #10 for SC. He was ejected and will now miss 2 games I think. The larger issue is he was their best player tonight. Shepperson fouled out early 4th qtr with 8 or 9 points King hurt a finger in the 2nd qtr that effected him the rest of the game. Didn't look like SC of the past two seasons. I wish the score board was updated like to know LA and DeKalb score. 

Hate to hear about one being injured. Hoping for a speedy recovery. This is go time now in district 8AA. LA, Macon or UHS all still have a shot at #1 seed in the district. Top 3 will not change just not sure of the order yet. 4th IMHO is still open and SC has I think the best shot at finishing 4th. The district tourney is going to be interesting. 

Macon 8-4 at UHS and DeKalb at home

LA         9-3 at YI and CC at home

UHS      9-3 Macon and YI at home

YI           7-5 LA home at UHS

SC         6-6 has DeKalb and Wtown