8AA

UTRok

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may very well be correct. Macon beat UHS at Macon by 4 points not sure I'm ready to concede the next one as a win for Macon. I think UHS beats YI. LA has the easier route . Smith county no telling with them. I still think the tournament will be interesting.

On 2/5/2018 at 8:50 AM, Play 4 Fun said:

My prediction....LA wins out and finishes 1st in district. Macon wins out and finishes 2nd in district. Upperman third. Smith County wins out to finish 4th. York 5th. 

Macon and Smith lose tonight.  York plays LA close without Lefew.  Going down to the wire to decide who is where still.  If Upperman wins Thursday against York they will win the tie breaker with LA. Macon is now third.

8 hours ago, sdawg said:

Macon and Smith lose tonight.  York plays LA close without Lefew.  Going down to the wire to decide who is where still.  If Upperman wins Thursday against York they will win the tie breaker with LA. Macon is now third.

What would the tie breaker be between La and Upperman 

2 hours ago, Dexter10 said:

What would the tie breaker be between La and Upperman 

My understanding is the tie breaker between UHS and LA is LA splitting with Smith county and UHS sweeping Smith county. LA and UHS both split with Macon. Sort of like the 15-16 season where UHS was 1st over Smith county after both finishing 9-3 and splitting with each other on the season.

13 minutes ago, tigermanforlife said:

I can't believe the coaches vote for that format. 

Supposedly Upperman came up with that format and somehow got enough coaches to vote for it.  No reason for it.  I guess they wanted the regular season to "mean" something.  If you are a #1 or #2 seed and can't beat a #7 or #8 in the tournament you don't deserve to get to the region anyway.  Never heard of an 8 team tournament being held with this format.  I think this is the 3rd year its been like this.

I have no idea how it happened or who decided it but if the coaches voted it in then obviously that is the format they wanted. Does the district not meet each year before the season? If the format is bad and the coaches don't like it seems like they would have changed it. The regular season does mean something it means you win you go to the region!

You are right, for whatever reason a majority of coaches voted it in.  That being said, if its such a great format why is 8AA the only 8 team district in the state that I know of that uses it?  If the goal of the format is to get the best district teams to the Region then the #3 seed should play the winner of the 7/8 game and #4 seed should play the winner of the 5/6 game, right?