8AA

UTRok

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, UTRok said:

I agree. UHS over LA tonight by 4.

Saw the U for the first time at this game and I was a little surprised.  You would expect a team that young to struggle somewhat to be competitive.  But they competed very well.  I believe LA has a few Seniors and thought they might take over at the end but the young uns found a way to pull out a win.

Well a couple of weeks in and York is the front runner in the district with LA and UHS both 3-1. Macon county 1-3 and Smith county 1-8 on the season. What a difference from last season. DeKalb takes LA to overtime and falls 78-73 and UHS over Smith 80-59. I really think it will be late in the season before the district is sorted out.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure I buy York at one. York looses to Clay county by 20 on their home court. They did beat Macon but don't know if Carlisle played. I still say it will be 2nd half of season before the district is sorted out. Macon girls win the tournament they were in this weekend as did both UHS boys and girls. At this point I think LA is the number 1 team. They beat Macon at Macon in a close game in the Nera White tourney. Smith county and Macon both 1-3 in the district 2nd half could be interesting.

The Bees get revenge for a previous loss against Warren County. UHS played well tonight they beat WC in every aspect of the game. Their speed on defense made it hard for WC shooters to score and UHS controlled the paint. The entire team for UHS played and they won by 27. It could be interesting down the stretch. 

7 hours ago, UTRok said:

The Bees get revenge for a previous loss against Warren County. UHS played well tonight they beat WC in every aspect of the game. Their speed on defense made it hard for WC shooters to score and UHS controlled the paint. The entire team for UHS played and they won by 27. It could be interesting down the stretch. 

That's a big turn around from previous outcome.