2A State Title Union City vs Tyner Academy

fallguy17

On 12/6/2017 at 7:42 PM, ucdiditagain said:

Here is WHY it was "Dominating"  .  Total yards  U C 323  Tyner 221,  1ST Downs  U C 21 - Tyner 13,  Plays in the game  U C 72 - Tyner 35,  Time of possession  U C 33  min. - Tyner  15 min.   No matter the score, winning by 1 point or 50 points, Union City found more GOLD!

I mean you are actually proving his point by posting these stats. It took UC 72 plays to come up with 323 yards and Tyner only ran 35 plays to come up with 221 yards. A dominant game isn't out gaining someone by 100 yards on 37 more plays. Eight more total first downs isn't domination. Especially if those first downs didn't give you a point advantage. And also UC held the ball for 18 more minutes than Tyner but they scored the exact same amount of points until the final series. Winning time of possession doesn't mean squat. When Cornersville beat Huntingdon, Huntingdon controlled T.O.P. 36-12. It only matters what you do with that time. UC def won the game and deserved the gold ball, but for anyone to say the Rams were dominated just because UC won the T.O.P. is kind of ridiculous. Just my two cents from someone not associated with either team in any way.

On 12/7/2017 at 4:27 PM, GeneralAmerigha said:

great. you still got taken to 2 OT in a game you "dominated"

totally agree with you on this one. Scratching my head on how a team that played in a 2 OT game was dominate just because they controlled time of possession. If your team held the ball for 75% of the game, ran 37 more plays than the other team but only produced a 100 more yards, and the score at the end of regulation is tied, that is the exact antithesis of domination. It's really the exact opposite of domination. 

I made my point.  Our goal in a football game from a team stand point is to do the following:  Control the Clock which controls the flow of the game ( by they way, we did ) and Score more points than the other team ( by the way, we did ).  Those are two important aspects of any football game and if you look, a high percent of teams that win do those 2 things.  The less time a team has the ball, percentage wise you have lots more opportunities to score and keep them from scoring.  Yes, DOMINATING the time of possession 2 / 1 is called domination.  It really doesn't matter.  We won the Gold football if we only had the ball 1 minute or 40 minutes or 33 minutes.  I was and did make a valuable point which it all stands true.  I'm sorry if your team didn't win, or get in the playoffs, or you had a bad season.  Union City  also Dominating the GOLD ball count.  Union City has won more GOLD footballs ( 4 ) of any team west of Nashville in the last 19 years.  Another dominating aspect of the game.  Everyone wants a Gold ball right ?   I know you are trying to make a point and respect that but you want to cross reference my stats that's shows that any game that is played and a team wins every stat other than a passing stats pretty much sums up a dominate game.   I'm done with this post.  We are starting to reload for 2018.  Our attention has now turned to basketball so until the first week of January, we continue to celebrate our win and will do so until school comes back into session for the winter time work outs and spring practice, into the summer and then kick off again in August 2018.  Merry Christmas and Happy New year.

Edited by ucdiditagain

On 12/12/2017 at 2:24 AM, mikeinglsbee said:

I mean you are actually proving his point by posting these stats. It took UC 72 plays to come up with 323 yards and Tyner only ran 35 plays to come up with 221 yards. A dominant game isn't out gaining someone by 100 yards on 37 more plays. Eight more total first downs isn't domination. Especially if those first downs didn't give you a point advantage. And also UC held the ball for 18 more minutes than Tyner but they scored the exact same amount of points until the final series. Winning time of possession doesn't mean squat. When Cornersville beat Huntingdon, Huntingdon controlled T.O.P. 36-12. It only matters what you do with that time. UC def won the game and deserved the gold ball, but for anyone to say the Rams were dominated just because UC won the T.O.P. is kind of ridiculous. Just my two cents from someone not associated with either team in any way.

You are completely right it was just a very good football game!

And I should have went for two!