TC Football 2018

TNVol23

Sad thing is lebanon does have to get fired up to beat Hartsville. It would be like a super bowl win, similar to Macon County last year. Lebanon should beat Hartsville just by number of players. They have as many in one grade that Hartsville has entire school of students. Lebanon will not play Hartsville after this year win or lose bank on it 

3 hours ago, Volstate said:

Sad thing is lebanon does have to get fired up to beat Hartsville. It would be like a super bowl win, similar to Macon County last year. Lebanon should beat Hartsville just by number of players. They have as many in one grade that Hartsville has entire school of students. Lebanon will not play Hartsville after this year win or lose bank on it 

Super bowl win for Macon?  They have beat you the last two times they played you and it would be 4 in a row had you not dodged us.  Again student population has very little bearing on football anymore.  It was a great indicator 30 years ago when kids actually cared about sports and a school with 1000 kids had 80-100 out.  Nowadays, programs that are not "football schools" struggle to have 30 kids.  TC kids are taught growing up that you play football.  That is not the case in other communities.  Heck, even some other "football schools" (Smith County) are now struggling to have players.  The whole concussion phenomenon along with technology has ruined the sport.  I will say this, if TC doesn't win 2A this year a new coach should be on the horizon.

51 minutes ago, Footballguru05 said:

Super bowl win for Macon?  They have beat you the last two times they played you and it would be 4 in a row had you not dodged us.  Again student population has very little bearing on football anymore.  It was a great indicator 30 years ago when kids actually cared about sports and a school with 1000 kids had 80-100 out.  Nowadays, programs that are not "football schools" struggle to have 30 kids.  TC kids are taught growing up that you play football.  That is not the case in other communities.  Heck, even some other "football schools" (Smith County) are now struggling to have players.  The whole concussion phenomenon along with technology has ruined the sport.  I will say this, if TC doesn't win 2A this year a new coach should be on the horizon.

If it was just a normal win you go and shake hands and go on to next game. You guys had players taking pictures of themselves in middle of field and head coach running around hugging everyone. But you did beat us fair and square an no argument to that. Carlisle had Hartsville’s number. I do agree with you about TC being a football place. TC has a good team coming back but they are by no means a shoe in to win 2A. In small school football an injury could be devastating. Let’s just pray for a healthy season for everyone. 

1 minute ago, Volstate said:

If it was just a normal win you go and shake hands and go on to next game. You guys had players taking pictures of themselves in middle of field and head coach running around hugging everyone. But you did beat us fair and square an no argument to that. Carlisle had Hartsville’s number. I do agree with you about TC being a football place. TC has a good team coming back but they are by no means a shoe in to win 2A. In small school football an injury could be devastating. Let’s just pray for a healthy season for everyone. 

You need to come to more Macon games.  That happens after every game, losses included.  I really don't understand it myself.  They do it at visiting stadiums as well.  A couple of years ago, someone turned out the lights at the stadium to get them off the field.  TC is the prohibitive favorite in the East, no doubt about it.  TC has the athletes to win 2A, but do they have the heart?  I think that is the only real difference between kids nowadays and 15-20 years ago.  I will say this, Clint Satterfield and Kevin Creasy both win 2A with this team. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Footballguru05 said:

You need to come to more Macon games.  That happens after every game, losses included.  I really don't understand it myself.  They do it at visiting stadiums as well.  A couple of years ago, someone turned out the lights at the stadium to get them off the field.  TC is the prohibitive favorite in the East, no doubt about it.  TC has the athletes to win 2A, but do they have the heart?  I think that is the only real difference between kids nowadays and 15-20 years ago.  I will say this, Clint Satterfield and Kevin Creasy both win 2A with this team. 

Strongly agree with your last sentence.

That's big statement about Creasy and Satterfield but not gonna argue. Puts pressure on the sitting coach but also makes bold statement. Not doubting them but there are some teams who they have to navigate through just to get to the dance. 

7 hours ago, Noseitall said:

That's big statement about Creasy and Satterfield but not gonna argue. Puts pressure on the sitting coach but also makes bold statement. Not doubting them but there are some teams who they have to navigate through just to get to the dance. 

It is a big statement, but I have no doubt it is true.  I have seen these TC kids play many times.  They are very talented.  I have had a few family members play there as well, so I am very familiar with the program.  They had a different mindset about football 10-15 years ago.  I feel that this year's group is just as talented, if not more talented than some other teams that have won it all for TC.  If this year's group plays with the heart that TC teams of old did, then they will be right there at the end of the year.  I saw a TC team lay down last year against Macon.  That would have never happened if Clint or Creasy were coaching.  I will not blame Waggoner either, as that mentality has developed over the last 4-5 years.  I will not necessarily blame any coaching staff at all, as I believe the kids in TC have just changed and gotten softer than they were 10-15 years ago.  The only question is, can Waggoner get them back to playing with that edge that used to separate TC from everybody else?  I pull for TC unless they are playing Macon, so I hope they get back to that level.  I would be lying if I didn't say I had my doubts.

4 hours ago, Footballguru05 said:

It is a big statement, but I have no doubt it is true.  I have seen these TC kids play many times.  They are very talented.  I have had a few family members play there as well, so I am very familiar with the program.  They had a different mindset about football 10-15 years ago.  I feel that this year's group is just as talented, if not more talented than some other teams that have won it all for TC.  If this year's group plays with the heart that TC teams of old did, then they will be right there at the end of the year.  I saw a TC team lay down last year against Macon.  That would have never happened if Clint or Creasy were coaching.  I will not blame Waggoner either, as that mentality has developed over the last 4-5 years.  I will not necessarily blame any coaching staff at all, as I believe the kids in TC have just changed and gotten softer than they were 10-15 years ago.  The only question is, can Waggoner get them back to playing with that edge that used to separate TC from everybody else?  I pull for TC unless they are playing Macon, so I hope they get back to that level.  I would be lying if I didn't say I had my doubts.

I agree with you I seen every game in past 4 years and TC senior class last year had no heart accept for a few that were seniors this year they have leadership and the talented freshmen class from last year will fill in and they are very talented TC had a lot of injuries last year especially when the FRESHMAN tore up his knee he was the heart and soul of the team and a playmaker but he is back and he added a lot of muscle so have the rest of the team I don’t see them losing a game this year if TC stays healthy 

Our younger generation is soft . They can get online and blow obstacles up with a single click. Many do not want to put in the effort that it takes to play hard core football like 10 years ago. Johnny will just quit and be a champion at Fortnite. 

Creasy had the 100% backing of Clint . He knew since Clint was superintendent that he did not have to worry about parents interfering with his discipline and long practices. That sure helps. 

• Upvote 1