TC Football 2018

TNVol23

1 hour ago, RTD said:

That ranking system is wrong I wonder if Sonny Moore has ever seen a 2a football game or if he does like most of the ranking and just assume that higher classifications make you a better team and Watertown. Shouldn't be ranked above TC especially with last year game and with how more physical TC was than Watertown last year TC just imposed their will on Watertown and games the run game straight down their throat 

His system is pretty accurate, however, early on it will be off. Once some games are played, his system will be pretty spot on.

29 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

His system is pretty accurate, however, early on it will be off. Once some games are played, his system will be pretty spot on.

Rankings never matter the only thing that matters is the scoreboard also a lot of rankings still look what classification the teams are in and rank the teams based on if the school is bigger I have seen teams that only won two games in 6a that are ranked higher than teams that made it to Cookeville in a smaller classification 

1 hour ago, RTD said:

Rankings never matter the only thing that matters is the scoreboard also a lot of rankings still look what classification the teams are in and rank the teams based on if the school is bigger I have seen teams that only won two games in 6a that are ranked higher than teams that made it to Cookeville in a smaller classification 

I don't know what his formula is, but class counts little. His main driver is the scores of the games. Again, when you get 4 or 5 games into the season, you'll see his rankings will be pretty accurate.

Granted, his rankings don't crown the champs, but they're a decent thermometer.

2 hours ago, croz6110 said:

I don't know what his formula is, but class counts little. His main driver is the scores of the games. Again, when you get 4 or 5 games into the season, you'll see his rankings will be pretty accurate.

If your going by scores, TC blanked everyone in Region last year by 42 points except maybe one game. Watertown barely survived against westmoreland, east Robertson and Forrest 

8 hours ago, RTD said:

Every team makes the playoffs in 6A I think but I could be wrong I think 6A only has 30 something teams in the whole classification 

Nah there are about 45 or so teams (8 regions) in 6A and only the top 4 in each region make it. I think the Memphis region has 4 teams so they all make it, and another region has 5 teams and every other region has 6 teams.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Yeah I kept up with his rankings last year they were pretty good. But there is no way that Watertown should go into this season ranked higher than Trousdale Co. who blanked them last year and have almost their entire team returning.

1 hour ago, steelcityroller said:

Yeah I kept up with his rankings last year they were pretty good. But there is no way that Watertown should go into this season ranked higher than Trousdale Co. who blanked them last year and have almost their entire team returning.

I don't disagree. A few weeks in all will be right