Region 7AA games. who you got 2/2/18

OldSportsGuy

On 2/3/2018 at 9:52 PM, BullShark said:

Was it really that lopsided?

BullShark, I do not put  false numbers on CoachT. South Side is a dirty team. Their top scorer kicked two MC players and did not get ejected. She really got her 3rd foul in the first half and the SS coach quickly got her on the bench. Officials changed the foul to  the sub with help from the SS coach. 

McNairy still had a shot at the end of the game that could have won it and missed it.   

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/2/2018 at 7:39 AM, OldSportsGuy said:

Crockett (4-3) at South Gibson (0-7) - Crockett by 25

Milan (2-5) at Obion (2-5) - Obion gets a win by 7

Dyersburg (6-1) at Westview (7-0) - Westview by 17

Northside (0-10) at Chester (4-7) - Chester by 25

Sothside (10-1) at McNairy (9-2) - This is the best game of the night - SS gets the road win and keeps the top seed - SS by 9

Lexington (7-4) at Adamsville (3-7) - Lexington in a close one - I hear Kelly is out for the season, didn't play vs SS, in a boot - Lexington by 9

Scotts Hill (3-7) at Riverside (6-4) - Riverside by 19

Results:

Didn't miss any this week

Heard SS  vs McNairy was interesting.

Crockett wins no score

Obion by 18

Westview by 21

Chester by 28

Southside by 2

Lexington by 4

Riverside by 24

So BobcatsFan do you know McNairy had 42 free throw attempts. Do you know McNairy's girls were pushing and holding the entire game?? Do you know Transou and Miller were getting hit in the back constantly but the refs didn't do anything. Do you know McNairy's girls tried to bait Miller into her fifth foul?? Do you know Khyla should have fouled out in the third quarter, but she was left in because they knew the margin would turn if she was out. Don't start that buddy. McNairy is dirty as well. Calling the game in favor of McNairy because all of West TN knows if it's called FAIR, South Side wins by 15-18 points. Also the fact that McNairy should have gotten 2 technical fouls. One for the fans on the side for the rowdy behavior and for the student section screaming profanities at South Side's players.

Edited by dmm88

Yes that game was different. Ref blows whistle for no reason, gives Mcnairy time to sub and set up defense, refs missing calls on both ends, students section standing right on the baseline talking to and gesturing to SS players while they inbound the ball. Whistles seemed to be going in SS favor early on but changed in the 2nd half. #23 for Mcnairy was shooting lights out, Miller did her usual, Wade-Warren did her usual. Miller missed a couple FTs in the clutch which was unusual. Scuffle for ball on the sideline and a fan looked to be trying to kick at a SS player so he was removed. It was wild! and this is where the district and region tournament will be. Anybody against Mcnairy will play 5 on 8 on Jerry Lott's floor. I cant understand why the district would have them host. That travel will be horrible, I don't think fans will there well, the lighting was dim, and well the officials are horrible all the way across the board from middle school to the pros. 

Miller or Wade-Warren for MVP? I don't see anybody else standing out in the district, maybe Wilson form Chester?

On 2/3/2018 at 10:47 PM, GCPioneer said:

I was there as an unbiased observer, and the whole game and everything that transpired was crazy. That game went down in the record books for me as the craziest high school game I've attended.

Well, as the stated unbiased observer, you get to settle this debate by telling your observation. LOL

2 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

this is where the district and region tournament will be. Anybody against Mcnairy will play 5 on 8 on Jerry Lott's floor. I cant understand why the district would have them host. That travel will be horrible, I don't think fans will there well.

3 out of their 5 loses are at home. I don't think it is an 8 on 5 situation for them.

Really dont see the issue with Region and district being there. Every time it has been there, it is usually standing room only crowds. Even when Union City and Westview were in the Region, it was still shoulder to shoulder standing room only. 

8 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Yes that game was different. Ref blows whistle for no reason, gives Mcnairy time to sub and set up defense, refs missing calls on both ends, students section standing right on the baseline talking to and gesturing to SS players while they inbound the ball. Whistles seemed to be going in SS favor early on but changed in the 2nd half. #23 for Mcnairy was shooting lights out, Miller did her usual, Wade-Warren did her usual. Miller missed a couple FTs in the clutch which was unusual. Scuffle for ball on the sideline and a fan looked to be trying to kick at a SS player so he was removed. It was wild! and this is where the district and region tournament will be. Anybody against Mcnairy will play 5 on 8 on Jerry Lott's floor. I cant understand why the district would have them host. That travel will be horrible, I don't think fans will there well, the lighting was dim, and well the officials are horrible all the way across the board from middle school to the pros. 

Miller or Wade-Warren for MVP? I don't see anybody else standing out in the district, maybe Wilson form Chester?

Hold up.... a fan kicked a player and was removed? It happened right in front of me... I saw a player kick a player on the sideline and nothing called against that player which should had been a technical at the least.

I also found it entertaining when Miller picked up a foul, ran to the bench, South Side put another kid on the floor and they called the foul on the kid that ran onto the floor.... that was pretty funny.

Edited by GCPioneer

On 2/5/2018 at 0:57 PM, RealisticFan45 said:

You may have posted the single worst post on Coach T this year. 42-7 in free throw shooting. And the whistled turned in the second half?!?! No MC fan tried to kick a player. McNairy has the best gym in the district and region. McNairy girls have lost three games at home, so your 5 on 8 theory is nuts. You wait until the region and SS has to face decent refs. Their playground style will be sent to the house. The next game you attend maybe you should really watch it.  

If you say so, i was watching! Playground style? So i guess because they run and gun and play hard nose defense that its playground? The rest of the district plays methodical and slow because they dont have the athletes to play playground ball. Same song every year. I always forget that everybody knows everythiing on these boards. I always thought it was opinion based.