Mock Grand Championship Results

Bump11

4 hours ago, durdon said:

Palmer’s only loss this season was to Whitworth who put Palmer on his back twice in that match.   Noah only wrestled 26 at state because he lost to Palmer  in wrestle off.  

Whitworth wins 26... 

Put him on his back twice but only won 5-4? Interesting. 

Also, Noah was big for a 120 and Palmer small for a 26. Regardless of a wrestle off, that’s the weights they belonged at...I mean they both just won a state title and would’ve done the same had their weights been flipped. They are the best 120-126 combo in the state.. easily. And I’d be willing to guarantee that if they wrestle live 10 times, they split. Same goes for either of them vs Alex. Neither wins 10 of 10. It would go both ways. Which is why I said it’s a hard one. 

1 hour ago, Bump11 said:

Put him on his back twice but only won 5-4? Interesting. 

Also, Noah was big for a 120 and Palmer small for a 26. Regardless of a wrestle off, that’s the weights they belonged at...I mean they both just won a state title and would’ve done the same had their weights been flipped. They are the best 120-126 combo in the state.. easily. And I’d be willing to guarantee that if they wrestle live 10 times, they split. Same goes for either of them vs Alex. Neither wins 10 of 10. It would go both ways. Which is why I said it’s a hard one. 

Alex had 2 sets of backs in the 3rd period,  I believe for 2 each against Palmer and his other point I think was an escape in the 2nd.  

Matchups like the one you guys are talking about are the reason I make it a priority to attend the Cleveland Duals every year. It’s a fun event for wrestling fans. I had the chance to watch that match live. If I remember correctly, Palmer had took Whitworth down a couple times in the first 2 periods to get his points. Whitworth was down 4-1 with less than a minute to go when he tilted Palmer twice. It kind of looked like Palmer thought he had it won and was stalling it out on bottom / gassed. It was a great comeback win for Whitworth. After the match, I personally felt like the result would be reversed in a rematch as Palmer controlled the majority of that match. The point of all that was to say that I wouldn’t say Whitworth automatically beats Horst just because of that match. We have no idea how close the wrestle off was either. I was torn and ended up voting for Whitworth, but I agree with Bump that if all 3 wrestled multiple times, they all probably come out with wins and losses over each other. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, durdon said:

I’m not taking anything from Dylan just pointing out in this match  Thomas did self pin himself..   something he did 2 other times this season..   

Well not to be a butt, but if he pinned himself two or three times this season, i think as a wrestler and a COACH I would be smart enough NOT to use that move anymore in my repertoire(remove it completely) thus getting myself stuck in an important match like state finals. I saw it happen when I coached and got it taken out of one of my wrestlers mindset, there are so many more moves that can be used without taking the chance of getting yourself stuck(I say the same about Wilson getting himself stuck at the state duals). Either way there would be a TON of good matches if there was a GC for real.  Also yes Sells very well could pull that out as he beat Connor Duffy much worse than Fowler did which I missed my first time in review. 

Sucks that we have to do this guess who is better thing, i mean back to the Sells thing. Sells lost at 182 to Westlake Baylor 10-5. Austin Antcliffe got beat 5-2 by Westlake at 182 and Antcliffe finished 6th at 170 and Fowler beat Antcliffe 10-3. Would have been nice to have them wrestle each other once this year. Maybe we can get some more Nashville teams down to McCallie tourney for next year! 

It's hard to believe that there are just not that many cross matches between state champs in TN divisions, of course private schools travel to more tourneys, AAA teams tend to go to the bigger TN tournaments while A/AA schools tend to stay with the smaller tournaments. 

22 minutes ago, LBJ6 said:

I’m not sure how they would match up against Morris, but Bates and Uhorchuk wrestled today at Science Hill. Bates won 6-4.

Good win for Trey. All 3 are studs for sure. Just irks me that someone can say that 1 person wins going away and that it’s “not even close”. Those 3 could all wrestle round robin 10 times, and even throw in McDaniel. And you probably wouldn’t have 1 guy winning every time. They are all close. 

Edited by Bump11

On 3/8/2018 at 9:14 AM, cobrakid8 said:

Well not to be a butt, but if he pinned himself two or three times this season, i think as a wrestler and a COACH I would be smart enough NOT to use that move anymore in my repertoire(remove it completely) thus getting myself stuck in an important match like state finals. I saw it happen when I coached and got it taken out of one of my wrestlers mindset, there are so many more moves that can be used without taking the chance of getting yourself stuck(I say the same about Wilson getting himself stuck at the state duals). Either way there would be a TON of good matches if there was a GC for real.  Also yes Sells very well could pull that out as he beat Connor Duffy much worse than Fowler did which I missed my first time in review. 

Sucks that we have to do this guess who is better thing, i mean back to the Sells thing. Sells lost at 182 to Westlake Baylor 10-5. Austin Antcliffe got beat 5-2 by Westlake at 182 and Antcliffe finished 6th at 170 and Fowler beat Antcliffe 10-3. Would have been nice to have them wrestle each other once this year. Maybe we can get some more Nashville teams down to McCallie tourney for next year! 

It's hard to believe that there are just not that many cross matches between state champs in TN divisions, of course private schools travel to more tourneys, AAA teams tend to go to the bigger TN tournaments while A/AA schools tend to stay with the smaller tournaments. 

Antcliffe was doing everything he was supposed to do in the dual... Blackman lost because they gave up six falls while winning eight matches. I wouldn't use that as my measuring stick on Fowler. One might rather pay attention to FargoStrut's comment. I'll leave it up to you as to decide which one.

14 hours ago, SAC said:

Antcliffe was doing everything he was supposed to do in the dual... Blackman lost because they gave up six falls while winning eight matches. I wouldn't use that as my measuring stick on Fowler. One might rather pay attention to FargoStrut's comment. I'll leave it up to you as to decide which one.

Either way that would be a great matchup, sucks that lots of these guys dont wrestle each other throughout the season, you would think with as many dates as each team gets and tournaments that they would see each other every now and then. Either way though I think AAA has more GC champs compared to D2 which is not always the case.  I still have Fowler between the two since i have watched both wrestle, but it would be a 1-2 point match and maybe even into OT.