Who follows Goodwin at DCA?

fredjones

On 3/6/2018 at 2:18 PM, Playerscoach said:

Wade, Sellers, Pierce, Dorris, ??????

This is the biggest hire in the history of their athletics.

Since it is in your words biggest hire in their athletics history, will the new coach need to have head coach  experience? Is this a rebuilding job?

6 hours ago, smoke14 said:

Since it is in your words biggest hire in their athletics history, will the new coach need to have head coach  experience? Is this a rebuilding job?

I don't know if it's a requirement? I assume they want to get the right fit regardless of HC experience? Coach Goodwin was an assistant coach at DCA for well over a decade before he was hired. 

It is a rebuild in the sense they just went to the state championship game and the current Sr class is losing 15 players and the Jr class has 2. The team will have -30 players next year but will get number up in the next two years.The cureent MS has the usual 8-12 kids per grade except for the 6th grade. It has approximately 20 football kids and is IMO the deepest grade athletically in the school. It has many siblings of D1 athletes and the NFL. 

4 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

I don't know if it's a requirement? I assume they want to get the right fit regardless of HC experience? Coach Goodwin was an assistant coach at DCA for well over a decade before he was hired. 

It is a rebuild in the sense they just went to the state championship game and the current Sr class is losing 15 players and the Jr class has 2. The team will have -30 players next year but will get number up in the next two years.The cureent MS has the usual 8-12 kids per grade except for the 6th grade. It has approximately 20 football kids and is IMO the deepest grade athletically in the school. It has many siblings of D1 athletes and the NFL. 

Did they have lot of 8th grade that will be 9th next year? Thought I heard there were only about 14 returning players. Do they expect a big influx of transfers to get to 30?

1 hour ago, smoke14 said:

Did they have lot of 8th grade that will be 9th next year? Thought I heard there were only about 14 returning players. Do they expect a big influx of transfers to get to 30?

What about the USN kids?  Will they get anymore out of their hallway since they co-op with DCA?

1 hour ago, ocac said:

What about the USN kids?  Will they get anymore out of their hallway since they co-op with DCA?

The numbers included USN.  I think the past couple years only 1 or 2 come over from USN. For a few years there are maybe 4 from there. Maybe new coach can get more DCA kids to play.

18 hours ago, smoke14 said:

No. Adding a few new players as freshman. Thought is some previous players coming back and others will likely play. Still believe it will be -30.  Twenty six year run of making the playoffs is in serious jeopardy. However, with the talent in the lower grades adding another gold ball or two is possible. 

28 minutes ago, IKickTheBall said:

The way Nashville is growing, will DCA be jumping up to D2AA in the near future? They were already competing with Knox Webb better than most. 

Cant see them moving to D2AA. I assume they would continue to invest in facilities upgrades and maintain a healthy enrollment. If the added 50 students to high school they would have approximately 260 in HS. The max classroom size is 70 I think? 

Plans for a large soccer stadium,  turf, and an indoor facility will be their athletic focus IMO. All may happen within 10 years IMO.