Who follows Goodwin at DCA?

fredjones

DCA Announces Coach Paul Wade as New Head Football Coach

Donelson Christian Academy is excited to announce the naming of Coach Paul Wade as the next Head Football Coach for the Wildcats.  Coach Wade, a graduate of Tennessee Technological University, returns to the sidelines of Joe Patterson Field where he was an Assistant Coach for seven years and was the Defensive Coordinator for the 1996 state championship team.

Coach Wade remarked, “I am excited and humbled to serve the DCA community as their next Head Football Coach. It's a blessing to return to Christian education, and I look forward to partnering with the parents, faculty, and staff in promoting the mission of the school by developing the whole person to be a Christ-like leader in the home, church, and the community. I would like to thank Headmaster Keith Singer, Athletic Director Dennis Goodwin, and Principal Bret Schierling for this incredible opportunity.”

Wade returns to DCA with an impressive coaching record throughout Middle Tennessee.  Following his first tenure at DCA, Coach Wade helped guide Christ Presbyterian Academy to two state championships in 2000 and 2002 during a five-year tenure as the Assistant Head Coach.  He then led Davidson Academy as their Head Coach from 2004-2009 and captured three state titles. Most recently Coach Wade served The Ensworth School as the Associate Head Coach where they earned four football state championships from 2010-2013.  

Coach Wade will transition into the Head Football Coach role that has been held by current Athletic Director Dennis Goodwin for twenty-five years.  Coach Goodwin shared, “We are pleased to announce Coach Paul Wade as our next Head Football Coach. Coach Wade began his high school coaching career at DCA, grew up in the Donelson-Hermitage community, and now is returning back home.   He has had great success at every stop he’s made but, more importantly, he has made a lasting impact on the school community in which he has served and the lives of the young men he has coached.”

In addition to the remarkable team success earned under Coach Wade’s leadership, individual students have thrived under his mentoring.   In his 26 years on the sideline, he has coached 18 Mr. Tennessee Football finalists, 7 Mr. Football winners, 59 players who have played on the collegiate level, and three players who went on to play in the NFL.

DCA Headmaster Keith Singer stated, “We are extremely excited that Coach Wade is returning to coach along the banks of the Stones River.  He understands the critical importance of vibrant relationships and community building in accomplishing our mission of developing Christ-like leaders.  He takes on this responsibility with a true heart for helping our players, parents, and alumni all connect to the school in an effort to best serve our students at the Academy.”

Coach Wade has helped lead teams that have reached the TSSAA playoffs for 26 straight years - a perfect match given that DCA has a current streak of 26 seasons qualifying for the TSSAA playoffs. Beyond his football responsibilities, Coach Wade will also serve as a teacher on campus, support students in achieving academic success, and reconnect alumni with DCA.

On 4/8/2018 at 2:11 PM, DylanPanthers1 said:

You back the Brinks truck up to get PW, how are you going to pay his assistants? You pay him.... Then what? Everyone else do it for free? I don't think so. Everyone talking about him like he is single handedly going to get DCA on top. You're crazy to think that. Go back and look at the staff that PW was on when he was A PART of all 10 of those teams. I will guarantee you that those staffs were loaded with top assistants and talent. And another thing he has always seem to put himself in a winning situation. Easy to coach top talent.

This wouldn't be one of those situations. This would be the head coach scraping together a staff on peanuts with a bad roster.

MOJO

I think they need some help unloading that Brinks truck, are you available?

I never said he would get DCA to the top. IMHO it will be a rebuilding job for couple years unless they get transfers and some more of DCA and USN athletes to start playing . He is a very good coach.  Will there be new assistants added? Some leave?

3 hours ago, smoke14 said:

I think they need some help unloading that Brinks truck, are you available?

I never said he would get DCA to the top. IMHO it will be a rebuilding job for couple years unless they get transfers and some more of DCA and USN athletes to start playing . He is a very good coach.  Will there be new assistants added? Some leave?

Lol. You couldn't afford me, and I'm not the help.

BUDDY BIG MONEY GHERITY

Edited by DylanPanthers1