Who follows Goodwin at DCA?

fredjones

1 hour ago, DylanPanthers1 said:

There is a dark horse candidate emerging that I am hearing. A much younger, more affordable candidate than Paul Wade. Comes from the Clint Satterfield/Kevin Creasey coaching tree at Trousdale Co. 

MOJO 

Good guy and coach. Very well liked at DCA.

As far as Wade is concerned, and the affordability, he is worth an absolute boatload more than any amount he would be paid by DCA if he's a candidate. His resume rivals any coach in the state. Ten rings, three as a HC, is impressive. Ensworth is lucky to have him.

Will be interesting to see who the finalists are. 

26 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Good guy and coach. Very well liked at DCA.

As far as Wade is concerned, and the affordability, he is worth an absolute boatload more than any amount he would be paid by DCA if he's a candidate. His resume rivals any coach in the state. Ten rings, three as a HC, is impressive. Ensworth is lucky to have him.

Will be interesting to see who the finalists are. 

Hearing the upside is that Wade is approaching 30 years in the business, and the young fella offers Goodwin type stability for many years to come, with rings of his own too. Wade is not the long term solution. DCA is worried about having this type of search again in the next 5 years. 

Buddy "Big Money" Gherity

Edited by DylanPanthers1

14 minutes ago, DylanPanthers1 said:

Hearing the upside is that Wade is approaching 30 years in the business, and the young fella offers Goodwin type stability for many years to come, with rings of his own too. Wade is not the long term solution. DCA is worried about having this type of search again in the next 5 years. 

Buddy "Big Money" Gherity

What I'm about to say is not my endorsement of a single candidate because I am staying neutral out of respect to the candidates and process. 

Your opinion about Wade is kinda out there. The guy is 49 years old. His resume is full of rings everywhere he's been and shows a pattern of excellence. 

I believe the powers that be at DCA expect this hire will be just like all the others have been and expect the new head coach to stay long term. 

31 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

What I'm about to say is not my endorsement of a single candidate because I am staying neutral out of respect to the candidates and process. 

Your opinion about Wade is kinda out there. The guy is 49 years old. His resume is full of rings everywhere he's been and shows a pattern of excellence. 

I believe the powers that be at DCA expect this hire will be just like all the others have been and expect the new head coach to stay long term. 

I just know what I am hearing. Don't have a dog in the fight.

MOJO

Edited by DylanPanthers1

1 hour ago, DylanPanthers1 said:

I just know what I am hearing. Don't have a dog in the fight.

MOJO

Nobody that I am aware of within the search has mentioned fear of the next coach leaving within a few years. Nobody.

In fact, the optimism expressed about the next coach from inside the school, and within wildcat nation, is at a fever pitch. Coach Goodwins successor is viewed as someone who will take the baton from an incredibly successful, consistent coach, and build upon his legacy. 

It appears that whomever that choice is will have all the tools, and support, necessary to compete at a championship level. Since you mentioned Paul Wade I will submit to you that he is extremely well respected both personally and professionally by the coaches and administration at his current school, and that sentiment is shared by many others including GP,  DA, FCS, and DCA. 

I am not aware of who they are but it looks like the finalists will be named this week? I hope DCA can look to the future and get the best possible return on their investment. While I am not part of the selection process I trust those that are will make a fantastic hire. 

Not sure how long Wade would stay at DCA.  He has no kids involved andhe has always done a great job of placing himself in great situations.  Beaubien has kids that go to DCA, he would probably be in it for the long haul.  I understand he has a long history with DCA as well.  Dorris has a history with DCA as well.  Not sure of anyone else.

54 minutes ago, ocac said:

Not sure how long Wade would stay at DCA.  He has no kids involved andhe has always done a great job of placing himself in great situations.  Beaubien has kids that go to DCA, he would probably be in it for the long haul.  I understand he has a long history with DCA as well.  Dorris has a history with DCA as well.  Not sure of anyone else.

Sellars and White are DCA alums. Also Playerscoach is alum. He may be darkhorse candidate

Edited by smoke14

28 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

I am not a candidate. Lol

Its exciting to see this process and I am going to watch it play out. 

Will read the thread and not respond. Time to sit and wait is here. :)

So would Sellars or White be in the finalist if they can't make it work with PW